Thursday, July 05, 2007

We were given a half day on Tuesday so my 4th of July holiday got to start early. I met Girl J at the Mall of America for the semi-annual sale at Victoria’s Secret. I didn’t find much but when we moved on to DSW I found these:


Aren’t they fabulous????????

After our shopping trip I had to take Soc’s to the vet because he has been pulling out the fur along his back. At Dr. Skadorn’s office my cat is famous. Or maybe that is infamous. For one he’s crazy, for two he tends to have problems with crystals building up in his urinary tract, and for three, along with the crazy goes being high strung and very in need of routine. So apparently his new routine includes ripping out his fur. But the doc said we caught it plenty early. We are trying some non-invasive methods first to get him to stop. This includes coating his fur with bitter lime and putting a t-shirt on him. He hates the shirt so we are seeing if a bandana is enough to dissuade him. ***Note we are doing full blood work-up to rule out any physical problems he might be having just in case.

Our 4th of July was pretty quiet. They hubster worked on a new utility sink in the basement and I did random busy work around the house. I watched Good Night and Good Luck which was excellent. And I also watched most of Casanova. It was ok. Nothing to write home about.

Though we planned for a 4th of July in the basement we didn’t need it. Maybe all of the fireworks people have been setting off for the last two months helped, or maybe it was because the next day was a work day but the dogs were virtually unphased.

Of course timing couldn’t have been worse, I looked at the clock and got Lily and pups out about 9:15 to go potty, trying to get ahead of all the fireworks shows. But, as with the last time, as soon as Lily stepped outside our neighbors set off ALL their fireworks. But she did pretty good. I was proud of her.

We did start our Eureka marathon. It was fun. Nothing spectacular but good family together time.

And in closing here are the pictures I promised:


The Hubster's Back


Blurry picture of the dragon we just added


And then all of mine(in case you haven't seen them enough :-) )

4 comments:

Jay said...

Holy Moly!! The whole back! That's awesome!

J said...

That rocks. Is the hubster planning on getting his back colored at some point, or is he sticking with the cool b/w?

Anonymous said...

Very nice ink for the both of you.

Tink said...

You have some of the coolest ink I've ever seen. Which is huge since I lived with a tattoo artist. Where's that cute little rabbit located?