Monday, May 21, 2007

Why Newt is odd

Late Saturday night I was a little hungry so I toasted a piece of garlic roasted french bread and covered it with peanut butter. The hubster was grossed out, but onion or garlic flavored bread and peanut butter to me is yummy!
**
This morning while going about my morning routine I realized I was quite a fashion "mistake"
I had on:

An overly long gray thermal shirt from the victoria's secret pink collection that says "NO PEEKING" across the chest. The line is geared more toward teens and early twenties but the shirt is comfortable as hell and I love it.

Then on top of that I wore an elegant floral robe from Crabtree and Evelyn

And on my feet leopard print slippers with sassy fur on the edge.

I can't begin to tell you what "look" that was. Aside from comfy.
**
Yesterday it was so cold here in Minnesota the heater kicked on. What's up with that????

**
And finally, something you can all probably relate to: My favorite thing to do is turn off the alarm on Friday - I get such satisfaction from pushing the alarm OFF button.

And my least favorite thing? Yep, on Sunday night when I have to turn it back on. Sigh.........

5 comments:

Betty said...

I once had an all cotton nightgown and robe that I loved. The robe had a tie at the neck instead of buttons or snaps. I wore that outfit for at least ten years, until the hems were in tatters and the ties rotted off, and still I wore it with a big safety pin. Kell and Jay were quite rude about it, until I finally let it go into the trash. I haven't found anything that comfortable since. So, I say, wear whatever you want in whatever combinations you want, as long as it's comfortable!

Jay said...

Garlic roasted french bread covered with peanut butter? hmmm ... I do love both of those things so I think I'd have to try it.

Tory said...

great blog. we have a lot in common. I always say, the more people I know, the more I love my animals!
I'll post a link on my blog to yours if that's ok.
Take care
Tory

Anonymous said...

Grossed out by the garlic and peanut butter.... BUT hey, to each his own.

I loooooove getting to turn off my alarm on Friday.... and HATE it when it becomes Sunday....

My look around the house is something close to yours.... And I have fuzzy slippers that look like a bad acid trip from the 70's. But they are comfy and WARM. And that is all that matters.

Tink said...

I don't think you're weird at all.

Then again, look who's saying it.

Have I mentioned I eat garlic bagels with strawberry cream cheese? Mmmm. Heavenly.