Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On Caleb



Ok, so you are probably sick to death of all the dog talk but I have to tell you that though progress is slow with him, Caleb is just a sheer joy. I watch his progress and the little victories we have with him and I just get this incredible sense of peace.

The hubster and I both go to such great lengths to make him feel safe and loved. And we grin from ear to ear when we charges at us for love. When the nose nudging my hand turns out to be his.

We have so much yet to overcome but we have come so far. When he sees us his tail wags so fast it looks like he might take flight. When he's really excited he wags it in a circle. And he kicks out with his front paws to get our attention and our love.

We can look him in the eye now and there is no fear, no cowering. He'll hold eye contact and his tail will wag.

And he's so cute that words sometimes escape me.

Caleb was the little dog that was the "extra". He was part of a package deal. How could I have ever guessed that he would so deeply and completely own my heart.

4 comments:

Jay said...

He's so cute. It's great that he's come so far and you guys have done so much with him already!

mike said...

Glad to hear that the li'l darling is making so much progress

Anonymous said...

The hardest ones to reach with our love are the ones that are worth it, yes?

I'm so glad for Caleb that he found you and The Hubster. He picked a GREAT forever home. :o)

Nettie said...

he is wonderful, you are wonderful..I would say the hubster is wonderful but I'm on my "I don't like men" kicks at the moment. :)