Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Girl J gives good gift

Yesterday Girl J surprised me with this: she saw it at a thrift store and HAD to get it for me. It's the vinyl version (complete with protective paper sleeve) of the album my Dad raised me on at Christmas time. How sweet is that????? Of course I had to call dad and tell him. And he thought that was the COOLEST thing.

And then, THEN the girl comes up to my desk today to tell me that she was at the post office and stopped at this really cute gift shop. And in the window she saw something that she had to get me. How FABULOUS a purse is this? Hmmm? It's too cute. And so very GIRLY!

And because Girl J has been asking me if I blogged about it yet:

A Minnesota "Nice" Moment:

So, Monday morning I head for the bus and realize sadly and to my horror that my Ipod is out of power as is my back-up battery pack. Dang it! It was just fine Sat. night. What the heck????
So, it's a tuneless walk to the bus and worse, gasp, sigh, a tuneless ride into work. But there is a HUGE silver lining to this.

A woman got on the bus and sat down. As she was getting comfortable in her seat her bus pass dropped out of her bag and landed in the isle. Two people leaned down to pick up her pass for her. TWO people! The woman that got it handed it over to the lady.

Lady: "Thank You so much."
Other lady: "Ya you betcha."

Yes, that's right she actually said "Ya you betcha."

I had to hide my head in my book to keep the giggle to myself. It was just so, so, so midwest.
I loved it.

Look below, if you haven't done my Daemon survey give it a go. Tink says it's addictive.

5 comments:

J said...

If you don't have a turntable to play your record on, feel free to come over and use mine. It works fine, don'tcha know...

Jay said...

"You betcha" .. hahaha .. I haven't heard anyoen say that in years.

Tink said...

Lurve the purse. It totally fits you! That stupid survey IS addictive. I was messing around with it for an hour yesterday. I don't even know what the dang thing is for. *Snort*

Kell said...

That purse is so damn cute! Adorable.

Cute story, too. Al had a doctor who was from there, and when he got blood results he said, "Well, lookie there will ya." I couldn't help but laugh. I had recently seen Fargo.

J-Funk said...

My landlord in MN used to say "ya you betcha." I loved it! I would try to keep him on the phone just to hear it one more time. Me: "Should I send the rent check to the same place again this month?" Him: (Pause) "Ya you betcha." Me: "Tee-hee! Are you sure?" Him: "Ya! You betcha!" It was endless fun.