Monday, May 14, 2007

A ton of fun and a ton of rocks

The hubster and I had a very fun weekend. Saturday we met up with Ellie and Girl L at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum for their annual plant sale. We bought a lot of plants. After emptying our wallets the girls headed off to other nurseries in the cities, but the hubster and I walked around the arboretum gardens. It was a lot of fun. Good couple time. And simply a beautiful place to be. Then Saturday night we went to Gertens to buy rock. We have an area of our gardens that has become infested with grass. And the roots snake all throughout our ground cover so we had to do something. We decided to make a big rock garden. Remove all plants, replant where possible in other areas, cover the area with landscape fabric and then put in a big pile of rocks. The first trip to Gertens was .63 tons of rock. A lot of rock. But after we cleared the area we had a bigger space then we thought. So the hubster went off Sunday morning to get more. And he got another .37 tons of rock. So basically we got exactly a ton. And I think it looks pretty darn fabulous if I say so myself. :-) Here is the before picture. See below for the link to the during and after pictures.Go HERE to see all our pictures from the weekend.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. Very beautiful.... Kinda makes me want to try harder with our yards... LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Jay said...

I had to follow the link and look at ALL the pictures. The rock garden really looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love all those beautiful flower pictures on the flicker page. I'm afraid to bring plants home...although I think I would be fine with a rock garden...

mike said...

you know my response.

Astroturf or rocks.

It's somewhere in the WASP bible. Be Fruitful and make multiple putting greens.

Abbee Normalle said...

Well, Will would tell ya'll to just cement the whole yard, paint it green and call it done. he wouldn't even let you paint flowers on it.