Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Photos, Photos, and more....

I wanted to post some yard pictures and a tiny kitchen project to show you what I did over the weekend. But below the pictures is the last dog post - about Lily. Just in case you didn't see it yet. There is one post for each dog. Lily, Caleb, Sophie, and Max.

This is the rock garden, with a new pot of Daisies (I painted the pot) and then of course a few more flamingos in honor of Dad coming to visit soon

Gerber Daisies that I planted in containers that are at the front of our sidewalk
Gerber Daisy with dew drops in the center

This is a view of what has become our day lily garden. We bought to beautiful hanging plant arrangements over the weekend.

This is a plant growing in the rock garden. It has two different colors of daisy, pink and purple.

I also made a "fairy garden"

Bunnies live in fairy gardens
As do fairies


Close-up of a clematis
The clematis vine that is on our copper arbor
Daisies in my yard
Dew Drop on a hosta

And over the weekend I got ambitious and decided to add a little Daisy flair to the kitchen

The hubster liked it so much that he wants to get more rolls of the border so that when we actually remodel the kitchen we will have it to use again.


5 comments:

Betty said...

Nice garden. I've never had a green thumb.

J said...

I like the daisies in the kitchen; it really brightens up the cabinets.

Tink said...

I see flamingos! :D

Love the garden pics. You inspire me...

...to work on my yard more next year. Hehe

Jay said...

I love that garden. I bet that took a lot of work to get it all together.

Newt said...

Betty, not so much a green thumb as the Darwin theory. I plant it and from then on out it's up to the plant to make it or die. I am not much of a "tending the garden" type. So it's survival of the fittest. If you want to know what can grow in Minnesota under the worse possible conditions, come visit. Or perhaps I should say, if you want to know what is uber hardy in zone 4 come visit my garden.

J, yep, I like how it just brightens up the room

Tink, I'm coming over to help with the garden

Jay, it did take a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and pain killers. Let me tell you. When we first ripped out the lawn to put in all those gardens the hubby and I couldn't move for a week.