Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WWC and Speaking of shoes............

So, Dianne asked if these were my reading on the couch with Lily shoes. And now that it is spring they will be on my feet a lot. These little sneakers I picked up last year because of the cute gold/pink, floral patches all over them. Not to mention they are hella comfy.

But I digress. I actually always wear sneakers, winter boots, flip flops, or whatever is comfy to work. I don't wear my spectacular shoe collection to or from work. I always change my shoes when I get to my desk. I do this for a few reasons. 1. I don't get my dress shoes wet, muddy or snowy that way. 2. It cuts down on the discomfort pumps can cause. 3. I tend to bend/twist, destroy my ankles less if I don't have to traverse parking lots, cobble stones, and grass.

Anywhoodle. Life is good. They are telling us we might hit 70 today. I plan to be outside as much as possible.

The temps go back down after today - sigh................

But, the good news is, the tulips are peaking out. As are the daffodils. And our big maple is starting to bud. It's a spring showing tree, so we get these yellow/green flower like things on it in spring. It's not impressive in fall. But spring, it's just a beautiful tree.

And, for those that asked, Nature of Monsters is good so far. But a little uncomfortable. I am worried about where the story will go. The monsters in the book are 18th century men. Not monster monsters. But according to reviews it is a beautiful book. Well written, historically researched, and very vivid in the telling. So far so good. Though I hate reading about scientific research during that time since so many cruelties were committed against dogs, cats, farm animals, and even humans all in the name of "science". I often find it hard to stomach the thought that it was acceptable to do the things they did. And being the sensitive animal lover I am, well, I don't do very well when I have to read about it.

But, I'll let ya'll know how it turns out in the end.

WWC

Background

You almost don't notice the chainlink fence in the background


Close-up

I love to take photographs of flowers close-up



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your shoe system is WAY too much work for me. Also explains why I have less shoes... LOL

I LOVE Como Zoo! When I moved to St Paul a few years ago, I moved closer to it, and my son and I were just so excited! We go a handful of times a year... Cheap and fun!


Your flower pics are always amazing!

Chelle Y. said...

Great pictures! I love the one of the tiger!

I played this week too!

Reb said...

Very smart about the shoes - they last longer that way too. Love the photos. That last flower is spectacular and great shots of the animals and insects.

Kell said...

I love looking at your pictures of flowers close-up. Great photos.

Good idea for the shoes, too. You have so many cool ones, good idea to keep them in good shape.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Great pics! The wolf (with chainlink) was especially beautiful.

And, the flowers? It's looking like spring there already!

Happy Tuesday!

Jay said...

When I go to the zoo I can just stand and watch the big cats all day. They just fascinate me.

Love the pic of the butterfly too.

R.E.H. said...

Love all the flower shots, especially the butterfly one, and the one after that. And the tiger!

Spring is finally starting to make an appearance. Yesterday morning there was some snow, but it went away during the day... I did catch some spring flowers for my WWC this week too!

Anonymous said...

OOOH! I love me some daisies!

Who needs tulips and those other spring bits outside when you've got summer right here in blogland?

Jo said...

Yay, it's warming up! I loved the wolf shot, wolves fascinate me. Also the fat bee...and the last flower is absolutely dazzling, the bleed from gold to wine is so cool...looks like it's made of velvet.

The scientific instruments they used in the 18th century freak me out.

Tink said...

Until you mentioned it, I DIDNT notice the chain link fence. :)

Great pictures! I especially love the flower and the butterfly one. The shoes are adorable too. I need you around to help me pick out footwear. I owe way too many all black boots.