Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday etc.

You know you are a geek when:

You email a co-worker to add a trainer to the database:

Newt: Please add Jack Burton to the list of trainers

Co-worker: We don't have a Jack Burton

Newt: Oh, I mean _________ __________

Co-worker: Oh, ok, that is what I thought you meant

Newt starts to giggle. And think how proud the hubster would be at this moment. And how much geekier does it get?? My team mate at the next desk starts quoting lines from the movie.

Sigh............

So, how big a geek are you? Without looking it up, what film has a character named Jack Burton?
***
I shared my PFC's with my dad. He called and told me they were wonderful. And that he actually got a little teary eyed. He was very proud of his daughter. And wanted to read more of them to see what other people had come up with. He was getting a kick out of the whole thing.
And he thought it was a really cool idea. He's already enjoying the WWC and always wants to know what the words are and what photographs I take. And then what other people have come up with. He's too funny. I really have to get him blogging.
And, lastly, a long promised picture of the chaos:

6 comments:

J said...

Wow, she is really a pretty dog. Is the rest of the zoo getting along with her better? (I'll let others answer your movie question).

Jay said...

You should definitely get your dad to blogging. That would be fun. And maybe he could do a little vlogging too!

Okay I had to Google the name. I just couldn't remember the movie and it was killing me. LOL ;-)

Kell said...

Wow, Chaos is beautiful! I like the name Chaos better than Pearl.

I had to look up Jack Burton, too. I can't believe I couldn't think of it.

PS I love those shoes!

R.E.H. said...

It's cool that your dad is enjoying the WWC and the PFC. You should definitely get him to start blogging!

gary rith said...

little Vans with pink flamingos???? lucky you! I wonder if I could get a pair with....I'd have to think about it.

Jo said...

Those flamingos are so peppy! I had to look up Jack...I never would have guessed that, I'm awful with names.

It always makes me smile when you talk about your dad. I bet he'd love blogging--I'd read his blog!

Aw, I miss having a labbie so much.