Monday, April 07, 2008

The Bishop walks into the room and says:

So, this weekend we went to our nieces Confirmation. It was held at the grand, majestic, and incredibly beautiful St. Paul Cathedral. We had to park a zillion miles from the place so I took a few photos of the mansions on Summit avenue before we got there.

Anywhoodle, you know it's going to be a strange event when the sermon starts out with "We live in a violent society. Children are going to school and being shot..............."

Hmmm, interesting choice in topic. Don't even get me started on where he went with this. The sound was very poor and we could only make out about every 3rd word. And so what I think I heard, what his point might have been or implied I would rather not say as it would lead to an ugly rant.

So, since I don't wanna go there here are the photos of Summit Ave., the cathedral and the interior.











11 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Ooooh, Aaaaaaaah, Pretty, very nice!

Oh, and cute shoes!

Christy said...

Love those shoes! They might be my fave!

Jay said...

I love to drive through those neighborhoods with all those huge homes and stuff. I would hate to have to clean one of those houses. I'm sure they have staff for that though.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cool neighborhood. Might be kinda fun to drive through there at the end of the month.

Jo said...

I love houses like that, they're the type that have a gazillion interior doors with ornate knobs & keyholes.

My grandpa's wake was at St. Paul's, it's just breathtaking!

gary rith said...

holy cats, what a place!

Tink said...

Are those Naughty Monkeys? :D

Beautiful pictures! If I ever get rich I want a house just like that... with maids. Because Tink isn't cleaning a house that huge. Nu-uh.

Nettie said...

I love you and I want your shoes.

Anonymous said...

Isn't intesting what ministers say? I swear they think they are jesus himself.


I love Summit. And Grand.. Just love driving and looking at the houses and dreaming. And then honestly be thankful I don't hafta heat or cool them!!!

MamaMaven said...

Wow, fantastic shots. I love old buildings.

g-man said...

Forgot to check and see if my wife logged in last ... Heather was me. :)