Friday, April 04, 2008

Freaky Friday


Happy Friday Homebloys!

All is well here in Newt Town. Just looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Well, sort of. We have a confirmation to go to Sat. morning which personally, I'm not looking forward to. However it is at the St. Paul Cathedral so I will be taking lots of pictures. It is a beautiful church.

I also have a date planned with Girl J. We both got our DSW rewards in the mail so those 10 bucks are burning a whole in our purses.

I went shopping yesterday to find things for my niece. And got a little freaked out when I was in TJ Max and saw this:

Talk about weird moments. No other name plate in the store except Ava. There are actually two of them. But I didn't buy it because it's not my brother's style of decor and because they wanted 15 bucks for that silly thing. I could go to Michaels and get all the letters, paint it, and decorate it for less. Yes, I am cheap.

Then at Old Navy I found these:

I probably shouldn't be extending the flamingo obsession to the poor child but Dad will be so proud when I tell him that Ava has a flamingo outfit. And of course my brother will put her in it since he's a sentimental old sap and knows all about our flamingo joke.

I also have to confess that the shoe picture took me some 25 photos to get right. Something about the color in the shoes that wouldn't photograph very clearly. But, I can't let ya'll down so I kept working at it. I'm not super pleased with the clarity but I didn't know what the heck else to try.

Anywhoodle. Have lovely weekends! And stay out of trouble. Ok, I won't spoil your fun, just stay out of the illegal type trouble!

6 comments:

Christy said...

I think the flamingos are fantabulous!

Coffespaz said...

I love that you are extending the famingo tradition to a new generation. A girl after my own heart!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

PS I really like the introduction of the shoe pics at the top of each post...classy!!

PPS You have some rockin' shoes! I'm jealous.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Cuuuuuutie shoes! I was in Tuesday Morning the other morning (like you, looking for a good deal) and I saw a book...about...SHOES!!!

I almost took a pic with my cell phone to comment to you!

Now, I wish I would have! Oh, and flamigos are wonderfully pink!

Happy Friday!

R.E.H. said...

Pink Flamingoes are cool! ;)

gary rith said...

flamingos!!!!

Jo said...

A onesie with flamingos, sooo cute! That was a weird coincidence with the name plate.

I just signed up for DSW rewards the last time I was there...it makes me feel like I should work harder to earn more--it's a job really :D