Monday, April 14, 2008



Happy Monday!

I finished Life of Pi. Good book. Didn't LOVE it. But it was an interesting tale. I don't regret reading it. Not at all. It just wasn't one of those life changing books.

But it deserves the hype and attention it has received. It is well written, creative, fascinating, and educational.

I started a book called The Nature of Monsters by Clare Clark. It was one of those impromptu purchases off the clearance rack at Barnes and Noble. I'll let ya know how it goes.

In other news, well, not a whole lot has been happening. The hubster and I had a nice weekend together. We went to Ikea for a meatball lunch. And went on a quest for a few new lawn ornaments since the builders broke a whole lot of mine last year when they fixed the garage. I love to find little creatures to hide under the plants we have growing. So as you look at all our flowers you'll notice a tiny frog, or a bird, or a turtle hidden amongst the growth. I'm not just all about the pink flamingo. I have a subtler side.

Well, after I get ready in the morning I have some time to have a cup of coffee and read a little. This is how I spent my morning: Lily makes life perfect.





11 comments:

Jay said...

I'd say Lilly's got it pretty good!

Dianne said...

Oh Lovely Lily! what a sweetie.

are those your reading and hanging with with Lily shoes?

Kell said...

She is soooo precious. My Cosette likes to snuggle up, too. That's my favorite moment of the day.

gary rith said...

cute little shoes, even cuter DOG!
I know somebody who makes little animals for gardens, or wine bottles, even rude gnomes...

Jo said...

What a cuddly dog! I'm impressed she lets you read, I've always had dogs who eat books. Your strappy reading slippers are so cute!

I have yet to eat at IKEA...I get sucked into the warehouse vortex until I'm running out screaming, no more Firdensnurtels!

Chelle Y. said...

Now, that's the life! :)

R.E.H. said...

Cute puppy pics! ;)

Hey, that book sounds interesting I must say (The Nature Of Monsters). The title caught my interest immediately, horror fan as I am. I may have to look into it, but I have a huge pile of unread books that I need to get through first.

Fortune Cookies said...

Do let us know how you like The Nature Of Monsters. so, Life of Pi is worth a read, just not a mind-blowing life altering- I'm going to change the way I've been living kind of book?

Christy said...

Such a cute puh-pay-dawg. I h ave wanted to read the Pi book, right now I'm stuck on Demonology which is dragging on, I can't follow it so I'm having to read the same pages over and over.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Awwwww, cute cuddle!

Tink said...

Those pictures made me all misty eyed. I have no idea why!