Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday - Panic begins

Why, despite it being the same day every year can I not get my gifts shipped out to friends far away in time? Why???? WHY????? I'm a little panic'd at this point. Sigh...........

Weekend Recap:

1. Lunch with Nettie - in which we introduced a friend to Noodles and Co. The friend asked us what the difference was between what we just had and making it at home. Silly boy. First of all we don't make a mess in the kitchen. Second, it always tastes better at Noodles, and Third, we get to spend quality time together. Oh, not to mention that they walked around and gave everyone some cookie slices.

2. Shopping with Nettie - in which we watched 300+ people stand in line waiting to take pictures with a Santa Claus that was not on duty.

3. Grocery shopping - oooohhh fun! -

4. Jewelry making - in which I learn that even beading really aggravates my shoulder. I love the fact that my stupid act of walking into a door in early October is still causing me problems. And who said it could effect my beading?? That's just not right.

5. Gave up beading for classic movies on TCM - To Catch a Thief. Good Movie

6. Sunday morning I watched Pirates 3 and did some more beading. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. For some reason, a little Johnny made the pain go away.

7. Went to Ikea to get some gift certificates - and of course got a cold glass of Lingonberry juice.

8. Stopped at MOA and found three more gifts. - Which I was able to find and buy so quickly. That usually never happens. And one of the items was even on sale!

9. Made dinner for wedding celebration we were throwing for our friends. - They sort of got married on the sly. But hey, I won a bet. Boy S and I made a bet years ago over who would do what first. Either I would have a baby or he would get married. HA! I won. What am I gonna do with that money????

10. The Lettuce Wraps were a huge hit! - We had potstickers, lettuce wraps, and fried rice It was all wonderful.

11. Went home, put away the leftovers, and then it was time to bed. But, I ended up staying up late and playing with very needy puppies. - Lily was scratching and crying at the gate that leads up to our bedroom. How could I just leave her down there? The guilt would have killed me. So instead of heading off to bed I went down and played with my lil peanut for a while.

And now it is Monday. I am "hard" at work. How was your weekend?

6 comments:

R.E.H. said...

300+ people stand in line waiting to take pictures with a Santa Claus that was not on duty

That one made me laugh ;)

Eventful weekend. Only thing I've done was attend my cousin's daughter's 12th birthday. Makes me wonder where the hell time went...

Jay said...

So where was Santa? Sitting outside on the steps at the back door enjoying some MD 20/20? LOL

You're weekend was much more eventful than mine.

Tink said...

I've decided that all the gifts I meant to send out for Christmas are now going to be New Years presents instead. ;)

Kell said...

I wish we had an IKEA here. I love IKEA.

Mmmmmmm lettuce wraps.

I didn't get nearly that much done, but I did get Christmas card together and started. There was a time I would have those done at the beginning of December.

Oh, and I discovered that I didn't make enough blocks for my mother-in-laws afghan, so her present will be late :(

Anonymous said...

Ikea... (insert Homer-like drooling noises here). I'm glad I don't have much shopping to do since we called a nearly family wide gift truce. I've had a hard enough time getting my act together to do cards this year.

Christy said...

It's totally all about the quality time and not having to clean up. And stop with the panic mode, deep breaths, enjoy the holiday season.