Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday! Yippee!

So first off, yesterday I almost committed a homicide. Or at least severe damagicide. Traffic exiting the freeway was backing way way up. But kindly the folks started moving over to the shoulder so that the lane would open back up for through traffic. I just got to the point where the road was open, free, and clear when a Lexus driver pulled in front of me, slammed on his breaks, and proceeded to wait till someone would let him in the exiting line up of cars. I honked my horn. Actually I laid on my horn. And I bitched, cursed, and swore. Hand gestures a plenty. Thank God the guy behind me had breaks as good as mine.


It's been a long time since someone got my blood boiling that badly on the freeway. But honest to pete, the guy almost died. It was one of the first times I actually felt like getting out of my car and making a scene. Oh man was I pissed. And if I had a little more money in the bank and a little less common sense I would have drove my car into his rear end and then pushed him up and over the embankment.


Conversation with the Hubster:

Newt: Aren't you cold without your shirt on?

Hubster: No

Newt: I'm freezing and I have a shirt and sweater on, dang.

Hubster: Well maybe its because I"m a hot latino lover.


As many of you know it's Christmas time again. And that means time to take pictures for our holiday card.

The hubster asked me to use a nice blanket for the background rather than the colorful and "Stupid" Winnie the Pooh one. So I grabbed a down quilt that is blue with snowflakes and polar bears on it. Cute and festive.

And I thought maybe if I arranged it really nice in the dogs favorite place to sleep I might get a picture that we could caption "And the children were nestled all snug in their beds."

You'd think we could manage that right?

Well, the favorite chair that now had the nice blanket on it. Yep, not one single animal would go near it. They actually curled up on the floor before they would go near it.

Sigh....................

But we got some cute ones anyway because eventually they cooperated:


7 comments:

Tink said...

Stop! You're going to kill me with the cuteness! Seriously, that first pic should be on a Christmas card or somethin'.

Jay said...

I've been on the verge of completely losing it on the freeway a couple of times too. One time some guy pissed me off and I was tailgating him yelling at him. Then I saw that there was a sonic at the next exit so I went to Sonic and got a chocolate milkshake and that made me feel better. ;-)

R.E.H. said...

Don't get me started on those maniacal drivers! I simply can't stand it when people drive irrationally!

Thank God you posted those cute pictures there, to direct my mind into a nicer place ;)

Kell said...

Those are the cutest pictures and cutest doggies ever!! Thanks for sharing them. Like r.e.h. it calmed me down for the idiot driver.

TimW8 said...

Doncha just hate that when driver's do that!! I usually keep enough insurance on my car so when I really feel like it I can "Let 'er rip!" on Someone like that.
I luv pics of sleeping dogs. Aren't they sooo cute!!

Jay said...

lol you should have just hit that guy and ran away! i mean, you were so close to doing it!

cute dogs!
the third pic is really nice!

Christy said...

Awwwww I love the pup pics, so adorable!!!!!!!!!