Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Jackisms

So, my date with a pirate was totally fun. A perfect evening.

I started writing down some good lines 3/4 of the way through. But no worries, I'll watch the movie again and post about the rest another day.

Capt. Jack:
"Close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream, that's how I get by."

Capt. Jack:
"You may kill me but you can never insult me."

To Capt. Jack:
"Your Mad!"
Capt. Jack:
"Thank goodness for that because if I wasn't this would probably never work."

Capt. Jack after swinging between two ships and landing on the mast:
"And that was even without a single drop of rum"

Said about Capt. Jack:
"Do you think he plans it all out or just makes it up as he goes along?"

Capt. Jack regarding Will:
"Send this pestilent, traitorous, cow hearted yeasty cod piece to the brink"

***************************************************
We have a winter wonderland here in Minnesota. And, as the weather man pointed out, foolishly, I might add, it isn't even winter yet. Now that was just not nice. Not nice at all of him to point out that fact. Our temps have been between -5 and 15. In other words, COLD.
Ok, so we live here willingly. And, from a warm dining room looking out, it's beautiful. Ask me again tomorrow after I have to be out in it.

I was talking to someone the other day and they mentioned that their patience for winter seems to be ending really early this year. And funny, but I have to agree. I usually don't get annoyed till late January, early Feb. but this year, I just want it done with. I think part of the problem is that this summer was so ungodly hot and humid that we didn't get to be out as often as we normally would. And then, when the temps finally got more resonable we had rain for two straight months. And so it feels like we never got to be outside much.

Or maybe it's just that my winter warmth is in Germany right now. Hmmmm. Maybe that is it.

5 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

One of my good friends loves everything about "Pirates of the Caribbean." In fact, we are gong to have a Pirate Theme birthday party for her next Friday and we are going to watch the 3rd movie! Yay!

Kell said...

I love the Jackisms. Those are great. Can't wait to hear the other ones.

We're getting snow tomorrow. Everyone tells me this is pretty normal, but it's earlier than the last two years we've been here. Anyway, I've already planned indoor activities.

Jay said...

Who is this "Captain Jack" thou speakets of? ;-)

R.E.H. said...

I can't wait til the sweet warmth of summer comes upon us again... life is just so much more dull during the winter-time...

Christy said...

To Capt. Jack:
"Your Mad!"
Capt. Jack:
"Thank goodness for that because if I wasn't this would probably never work."

I feel that way all the time!