Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Christmas Eve Eve

So, first, I'm a dork. Apparently the Winter Solstice moves around. I did not know that. I always thought it was the 21st. But this year it was the 22nd. No biggie. I mean, I spent yesterday equally worshipping the winter gods. Pajamas, movies, finishing a book, starting and getting through a chunk of another one. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and a big glass of milk. You know, a perfect day.

We watched Hot Fuzz. Brought to you by the same folks that did Shaun of the Dead. It was fabulously funny and British. We loved it. The hubster and I never got around to going to the theater. All the reviews I saw for it basically said that if you loved Shaun you would love Fuzz. So, I bought it for him for Christmas. It was under the tree, but he couldn't wait.

For us, it's a DVD sort of Christmas. We got: Hot Fuzz, Domino, 300, Simpsons season 3 and 5, Stargate Seasons 1-10, Futurama 1-4, and a few more that I can't remember. Our entire tree has nothing but DVD's under it. It's almost sad. And my brother will be sending us a DVD. We decided last night that we need another rack for our movies. And the only reason the hubster and I went for that many DVD's was because a website was having buy one get one free. So basically we got everything for half price.

Today we got a snow storm. I only knew about the one we were supposed to get Saturday. But Nettie and I had made a date to get together today. For a completely selfish girls day. And it was fun. Totally worth taking our life in our own hands:

And DSW is practically giving shoes away. So many things are 80% off it's insane. And while we were leaving they told us that they were starting their after Christmas sale early. So even more was getting marked down. It was unbelievable. So of course we went back after we finished the rest of our shopping just to check.

If you need shoes girls, go hit up DSW. I'm telling you, the shoes are dirt cheap. And when we went back a lot of the boots were being marked down 30-50%. And lots of flats and pumps are 70 and 80% off.

So, the drive home was interesting. The roads weren't that bad. It's the 40 mile an hour winds and the drifting snow that makes the driving interesting. And the places that the snow is actually collecting is very slippery. So it was a slow and careful drive home but totally worth it.

Oh, and Nettie gave me a wonderful, present. On a trip her and Lil Al took some fantastic pictures.. I fell in love with some pictures Lil Al took of a deserted old farm house. They were developed in black and white. I think by accident but they were amazing. So they printed them and put them in a frame for me. Signed by Lil Al and everything. I LOVE it! And I know they will look fantastic hanging up in the house.

I look outside and the snow is blowing like crazy. It's going to be one hell of a shoveling job when the snow stops. Sheesh. They said 2-4 inches but judging from what I already shoveled I think we far exceeded that.

It's definitely going to be a white Christmas.

Love and Hugs

5 comments:

R.E.H. said...

No white Christmas for me though. We've had plenty of white up until today, when it all decided to thaw and melt. Tomorrow will be warm as well...

Have a Merry Christmas!

Jay said...

Yeah, no white Christmas here either. Temps in the 50s!

Have a great Christmas Newt and the hubster!

Kell said...

We dodged a bullet with that storm. We ended up getting nothing, which was a nice change from some kind of snow or ice storm every Saturday.

I loved Hot Fuzz. Just brilliant. And I think it's great that you and Nettie tossed caution to the wind all in the name of a selfish girl day. Cool.

Merry Christmas to you, the hubster, and the zoo!

Anonymous said...

I love 300 and have the DVD too!
Merry Christmas to you and hubster :)

Tink said...

I love the Futurama series. Hoop got that for Christmas last year. This year we got Stardust. Have you seen it yet? AMAZING.