Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sex Parties, The Great Equalizer gets better, and an apology

First, the apology. Due to a whole mess of things I want to apologize to everyone out there. I have been doing a whole lotta lurking, and no commenting. Please don't think I don't love you, I'm keeping up, just not speaking out.

And now on to what you really want to hear: Sex Toy Parties.
Yes, they exist, and they are fun. They are a Tupperware party only well, um, with a whole different kind of rubbermaid product. Basically just like a Tupperware party, or a tastefully simple, or a pampered chef party someone comes to your house with lots and lots of cool things to show you. You pass them around. And just like tastefully simple you smell stuff and sometimes even taste it. Ask Girl J - her arm tasted deliciously like white chocolate. How would I know you ask??? I'll leave that one to your imagination...........

Anywho, so you learn about and pass around all sorts of flavored oil, sexual lubricants, sensation enhancers, body perfumes, massage oils, and yes, a dildo, a vibrator or 20, and even some things you didn't know existed out there to enhance your sexual pleasure. The items are meant for enjoyment alone or with a partner. It's totally crazy and totally fun. And you learn things about your friends you NEVER wanted to know.

So there you have it, a sex party.

And now on to the Great Equalizer gets better. Since the hubby started his new job which is of course in the opposite direction of my work we had decisions to make. If he continued to drive me into work our day ended up being close to 11 hours. If I drive myself in we are looking at parking fees upwards and over $100 per month. Or, for $40 I can get myself a bus pass, suck it up and start riding the Great Equalizer. Only ladies and gents, there are improvements to this great adventure. The Ipod is my best friend and greatest invention since the circus peanut. Yes, I mean those sugary orange peanut shaped things. I walk out the door and the Ipod is on. The walk to the bus stop (it's a block and a half from my house) is fabulous, as is the wait. I can't believe how wonderful that silly little bit of electronics makes this entire experience. Once the bus comes I grab a seat, change to classical music. Get my book out and happily read for the 20 minute ride into work. It's total and complete peace for the Newtster. I love it. I LOVE IT!

I miss the ride too and from work with the hubster, don't get me wrong. But still, if I have to do it, at least it is a wonderful and relaxing experience.

And speaking of the great equalizer. Since the hubster gets home before I do, he has been making me dinner every night. How absolutely wonderful is that? I come home and something hot and wonderful is cooking in the kitchen. And the food is pretty good too.

Say Hello to Caleb everyone, he's nosing the computer screen. If you could only see how cute my little man is right now.

Anyway, last but certainly not least, I picked up the first book in the Dresden series by Jim Butcher. It's called Storm Front. I didn't realize that the Sci Fi series Dresden Files was based on a book, or I should say books. This is so incredibly cool. I've read the first three pages and I'm hooked. I LOVE the guy that plays Harry Dresden in the show so I'm pretty happy just sticking the characters right inside my head as I read. It's almost as good as a sex party :-)
I'll let you know if it stays good past page three.

Hugs all around

Newt

6 comments:

mike said...

Sex toy parties are fun. Krista used to have one for (straight) guys each year. She was an excellent emcee though.


I'm glad you can ride the bus to work. Me? Not so much. And it takes me an hour to ride my bike there on streets that are decidedly NOT bike friendly.

And Circus Peanuts? They're the only candy I loathe more than Peeps.

Jay said...

Did you know that those sex toy parties are illegal in many Southern states? Not only are they illegal in Alabama and Miss. but even OWNING any sex toys is illegal! How fascist is that?

Will you still be able to ride the bus next winter when it's snowy and rediculously cold? Or will you just worry about that next year?

J said...

I'm a huge fan of the bus these days. I plop down, open a book, and let the scenery just slide by. I rarely have time to read otherwise, and now I'm finally able to catch up on the books that people keep giving me as gifts. Its especially nice in the winter; it reduces your stress level dramatically when you don't have to deal with the snowy roads while commuting.

Kell said...

I want to ride a bus now!

Glad to hear the Dresden books are good. I'm so hooked on that show, I really want to read the books.

Anonymous said...

I love toy parties!

I also love my Ipod. I can only imagine that others love theirs as well!

Tink said...

*Sigh* I remember what it was like coming home to a hot cooked meal...

...when I was living with my MOM.

Hoop doesn't cook. He makes a killer bowl of cereal though.