Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Rabbit comes hop hop hop'n

Ahhh, a quiet Sunday morning. The world is running around hunting for eggs. Celebrating the rights of spring. Babies are born, flower bloom.

It's still colder that a witches.....well, let's just say it's cold here in Minnesota. The tulips that had sprung so nicely are withered and dying. I have hope for a few though. They were still pretty low in the ground when all this cold hit.

I have been able to read voraciously for the past few weeks. The mind altering/numbing slump is over. In fact I entered the black hole known as Barnes & Noble yesterday and came out with three new ones I need to read. As many of you know, when a book lover goes into a bookstore all time stops. Worries remain outside the doors, and for however long we remain in our little vortex of timelessness, we are happy, content, and profoundly at peace.

As I was browsing the discount shelves yesterday I thought to myself "This, this is what I want heaven to be. A giant bookstore with endless possibility and adventure lining the shelves. And dead center in all that endless pleasure, a coffee shop." Pipe some classical music through the speakers, put a cozy bed in a corner, maybe a fireplace somewhere and I would never leave. Oh, forgot, also need a few kitties and my puppies. That, that for me is heaven.

My co-worker and friend Girl S invited both Girl J and I to a girls night last night. She was hosting a sex toy party and then dinner and girl talk. Girl J and I almost burst at the seams during the toy party. The lady that was selling the stuff was a bitter and slightly crazy divorcee. And I mean she dripped bitter. It oozed from her pores. Both myself and Girl J wanted to run outside and laugh. And be petty. It almost killed us to just have to sit there and be quiet and polite. No, really we had to be quiet. We got yelled at if we talked during her presentation.

Speaking of my friends, Girl S wanted to come up with a nickname for me. Somehow we decided that since there were three of us we should be the PowerPuff girls. So Girl S looked up descriptions of the girls and then we divided up which ones we would be. Stunningly enough the three personalities perfectly matched one of the three of us. So, I am officially Bubbles. Girl J is Blossom, and Girl S is Buttercup.

Ok, so it's not the most "mature" thing for us to do, but hey, every once in a while it's ok to bring out the kid in each other.

Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

With love,
Newt

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Out of the three PowerPuff Girls, I've always related more to Buttercup. And the couple of sex toy parties I've been to have both been hosted by bitter, slightly crazy women. One of them was a swinger and invited me to a club with her and her "lover." It was pretty creepy.

mike said...

Too bad you had a bad sex toy saleswoman. I've got a friend who's done those things for fifteen years now and she's great at it.

As to books, I'm the one on a dry streak lately. Most of the ones I've picked up I just can't be motivated to finish.

J-Funk said...

Wow, a sex toy party! That sounds like so much fun. Tell us more! What's it like? Was it like a tupperware party, or did the saleswoman offer gruesome details and unnecessary anecdotes? Where do you get hooked up with this kind of thing? Clearly my head has been buried in the sand for quite some years (I only recently found out about Krispy Kremes)

Kell said...

If that's heaven, I'm cleaning up my act and try to get there!

So, do you get free stuff and discounts if you have your own sex toy party? I know a guy who did the taxes for a lady who sells sex toys. She was able to deduct batteries. LOL

Tink said...

I want to go to a sex toy party! Damn. I need to start making some friends around here. :)

Heaven for me would definitely be a bookstore. I walk in and my life slips off my shoulders until I walk back out that door. Ahhh. I think I need to make a stop on the way home.

The PowderPuff girls. *Snort* You guys are so funny.