Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Filter issues and Heaven in the a.m.

First: Filter issues:
I came across something I had never heard of before while reading this morning. In my book the narrator was saying that one of the characters had made an appointment in the Garden of Gethsemane. I have no idea what that is. So when I got to work this morning I attempted to google it. I was able to see the Wikkepedia information but no other link could get past the internet filter. Apparently “religion, atheist, biblical” are trigger words for blocking the website. Or at least those were the major words in the internet address. Who knows what actually stops it. Oh well, I got a pretty decent explanation from wikkepedia. (well how bizarre , I was trying to create a link for wikkepedia for ya'll and the internet filter just stopped it but not the link within wikkepedia - go figure - ok, even stranger I can go to the wikkepedia home page from the G of G page but not the straight google link to wikkepedia.)

And now: Heaven in the a.m.

Since spring is sprunging here in the cities I have a far greater urge to be outside. So this morning Sophie and I snuck out of the house and went for a walk around the block. It was a magnificent morning and I treasured our entire walk together. First of all the temperature was orgasmicly perfect. I know of no other way to describe it. No humidity, cool enough to feel good on the skin but not to make me shiver. The sun was just coming up so the sky was awash in brilliant shades of orange and yellow. There was the softest breeze blowing and the lilacs are blooming. So the air smelled a little like heaven.
Sophie has this darling habit of looking up at me while we walk. She gets this silly smile on her face and her tongue hangs out the side of her mouth. I have never been able to capture it in a picture but it’s the cutest damn thing you have ever seen. Similar to this picture of her only her smile is bigger and of course the tongue is hanging out to the side - well, and she is walking or prancing as the hubster and I like to call it.
Anyway, it was the perfect start to the day. I’m an early riser every day but I still don’t love mornings however I think I’m going to start if my little girl and I keep this up. And if I can remember to go outside with my coffee and book while I wait for the hubster mornings will become my favorite part of the day.

For those of you that know we have two dogs I’m not playing favorites. My little boy, Max likes to sleep in. He doesn’t like to get out of his bed before he has to. And because of some problems we have had with loose dogs I don’t like to walk him in the neighborhood. And since this is supposed to be my “spiritual rejuv. time” having to be paranoid the entire walk and or having to kick a 150 lb. dog in the head to get him off my dog is not exactly relaxing. So for now it’s just me and Sophie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gawd, I love that picture of Sophie.

Unknown said...

Beautiful sophie and a beautiful post :)

i popped over from lone sophist because I loved your comment over there.

It is hard to walk a male dog if you have too many dogs loose in a neighborhood. I own only females so I don't have to worry about it, but I have done my share of beating one dog off another and its scary and dangerous.

Anonymous said...

Your dog is freaking adorable.