Monday, May 29, 2006

Breathing Mozart and Is this my reality or did I just make it up?

I just finished a book called I Vampire. It was pretty good. Easy weekend read. As the title suggests it is about vampires. There are good vamps and bad vamps. The good vamps are all members of the Illuminati. One of the good vamps is Mozart. Yep, he's still alive and kicking in this book. At the end of the novel he plays with an orchestra. And the music is described as like nothing we have ever heard. How cool would it be to hear that? What he really intended his music to sound like? I recently picked up the Mozart 250 c.d. It's awesome. I'm listening to it as I type this. But now I can't help but wonder.......................what if Mozart was playing?

On another note, deja vu freaks me out. It's an odd feeling to experience. Sort of like your spinning just fine with the planet and then all of a sudden, whoa, hang on a sec, stop this thing so I can get off. The only other thing that freaks me out in just about the same way is deja dream. I'm not sure how else to describe it. But you have a memory pop into your head but you can't remember for the life of you where it came from. And worse, if it was even real. Did I see it/smell it, experience it - or did I simply dream it?

I think it is the closest I ever come to questioning my sanity.

Speaking of dreams, I had a dream last night that Mikerzz had adopted a little girl. Only he didn't know if he wanted to keep her so he asked me if I wanted to adopt her. So for the rest of the dream I am carrying around this tiny baby girl trying to get diapers for her and her birth certificate. And I kept asking Mike for the stuff but he was busy doing I can't remember what. And so he just kept telling me it was all in the pretty floral diaper bag. Only of all the diaper bags in the room none of them were pretty and floral. She was the only baby in the dream so I'm not quite sure why there were diaper bags all over the place. Then to further put this dream on the weird shit o meter my mom; the woman that wants to be a grandma more than anything, was criticizing me for adopting this baby. I don't even remember why. But I was mad at her because she is always nagging me about starting a family. Then I start one and she doesn't think it's a good idea. I don't think the hubster was in this dream. But the baby was named Anna. Part of the reason I wanted to get her birth certificate and adoption stuff together was so I could legally make her mine and change her name. This was a very strange dream.
I'm going to say it was all the sun and 98 degrees here in MN that caused this.

Happy Memorial Day folks! My heart goes out to all of the families affected by Commander Coo-Coo bananas war. While he is chugging beer and chomping steak families are grieving for lost loved ones. May the SOB choke on his filet.

2 comments:

Tink said...

"May the SOB choke on his filet." I will second, third, and fourth that.

I hate dreams that feel like memories. Even when they're good dreams I only wake up feeling disappointed. Like when I dreamt I had a baby.

Or Hoop and I moved into a mansion.

Or I kicked some girls ass that aggrivated me in 4th grade.

It's really bad when you dream you're fighting with someone and then wake up pissed at them. I can't tell you how often dream fights have bled into the real world simply because I can't lose the feeling that they're real.

I hope your weekend went well!

Anonymous said...

Darlin, what were you smokin?

A floral diaper bag?

I have standards, even for babies I adopted in a dream that I'm attempting to pass off on others. No... any diaper bag you'd get from me would probably have a Mondrian-inspired pattern on it.

Then again, its' a dream, so maybe it's a metaphor for conflicted emotions about family, tacky diaper bags, child-bearing and ambiguity about changing diapers in general. In no aprticular order, of course :)