Wednesday, May 24, 2006

16 stitches and a numb ass

What I have been doing:
Well, they ice cream scooped the spot on my hip out. And 16 stitches later sent me on my way. It was an interesting sensation to have a butt cheek totally numb. I knew my leg was working but it didn't feel attached to the rest of my body. My friend took me to my appointment. Just in case. I didn't' want to assume I was going to be able to drive after the "procedure". We turned it into a girls day following the appointment up with shopping. Vicky's Secret has some pretty cool new scents for spring. It ended up being a pretty fun day.

I was helping teach a class today at work. It requires me to operate heavy machinery. And of course after doing so I realized that it was probably a bad idea. Oh well. The stitches are all still in place so we'll just chalk that one up as stupid thing to do #6,793,461,342. As you can see, I'm on a roll.

What I have been reading:
I'm reading a good book called I Vampire. Or at least so far so good. I am also enjoying one called Dreams Underfoot. I tend to multi-task when it comes to reading.

What I have been thinking:
Lone Sophist got into a discussion about Shitty Friend Syndrome. I know I have been guilty of it. My big problem is that I am a private person that tends not to tell people how I "feel". So if they do something that really upsets me I'm not big enough to tell them, I just tend to turn into a shitty friend. I deal with it by avoiding it and in turn avoiding the friend. I'm not sure why I don't just come out and say what's bothering me. Lord knows I have friends that will tell me when I have offended them. I'm glad they do, but then sometimes I get upset with them and think "well you do this....." but of course I never tell them that. It's a vicious circle. I've tried to be better about this. And I've also tried to open up to people a little bit more. But I often catch myself retreating back into my silence and privacy. One place that I am NOT a shitty friend is in listening to my friends. I like to hear what they have been up to. The good and the bad. One of my friends is worried that one of these days I'm going to loose respect for her because of some things going on in her life. I tried to tell her that as long as she isn't cruel to animals or molests/abuses any children I will love her no matter what. But I'm not sure how to say it to her so she will believe me. I don't make good friends easily. And I tend to get along better with guys. But I value the friendship I have with her and I hope she will some day believe that I accept and love her just as she is.

What I have been seeing:
Minnesota is at it's most beautiful. All the wildlife is out. The tiny babies are exploring their new world. Baby deer, cows, ducks, geese, rabbits. It's just amazing. Everything is green and lush and there are flowers everywhere. I have to get a digital camera so I can share all of these kinds of things with you. Plus there are a few photo challenges I would like to participate in in the blog world. I have a great film camera but for some reason my ability to get the film developed is not a good thing.

What I have been wishing:
That I could figure out a way to drink more wine without it bothering my stomach. I love the taste of wine. It goes so nicely with the evening. Even the wine cooler type drinks can bother me. I can't figure out why some days I can drink like a fish and other days two sips makes me feel ill. Is there a secret? I drank a Peels malt beverage tonight and got really sick. The hubster said to take some tums and it seemed to make it better. So I might try that in the future. Anyone got any suggestions?

What I have been watching:
Curse our satellite company for adding G4 to the line up. They run Star Trek Next Generation episodes for a good part of the evening. The hubster and I are addicted. I still haven't seen the season finale of 24. It's on tape waiting for me. But alas I haven't sat down yet to watch. Perhaps I just don't want a good thing to come to an end. So if I haven't seen the finale, it hasn't happened yet right???????

What I have been eating:
That would be NOTHING. All do to the fact that they started this lunch and learn thing at work. Each week a different division of our company presents a little info session. I guess they just started this. It's at the campus I am not normally at. But due to the training I am there this week. Anyway, we took the class down for lunch and had the pleasure of sitting through the presentation. Since there really isn't any place else to eat mind you. And who was the group that presented? That would be our Pest Control division. And OH MY GOD was that disgusting. Nothing makes a salad with sunflower seeds taste better than someone talking about bugs that infest our food, our pantries, our flour, grains, etc...... Cause you want to hear that the tiny brown things in the flour are feces. It makes your lunch taste so...............................F&*$% inedible. I'm not sure who the genius was that thought that that would be a good idea. Ok, it is a good idea to find out what the other 19,947 people in the company are doing, but still, BUGS, at lunch? come on! And tempting us with the chocolate covered grass hoppers did not make this ok people!

2 comments:

Tink said...

"Nothing makes a salad with sunflower seeds taste better than someone talking about bugs that infest our food" Ewwww. What were they thinking?! It reminds me of when Hoop popped in a cannibal movie during dinner. I mean, WTH?

I hope you feel better soon! Stitches, numb hit, ice cream scoops... Three things I never thought I'd hear put together. hehe.

I'm afraid I have Shitty Friend Syndrome too. I'm guilty of ignoring friends who piss me off or hurt me. And it's not like I avoid confrontation. It just never feels worth it.

Unknown said...

I love Trish's blog..thats how I found you I think :P

There is life outside Cali..its called the four seasons..and I miss them. I have lived from east to left and a few points in between.