Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ostrich’s bury their head, I hide in the basement

I promised my “white trash” (her words not mine) friend at work that I would watch Idol last night. I never have EVER before this. I am not a fan of the reality shows and have even grown disgusted with HGTV and other seemingly innocent cable channels that have joined in the trash t.v. phenomenon.

I have caught a few minutes on and off of Top Model only because it comes on after Simpsons and I am too lazy to get up, find the remote and change it. I’m either engrossed in a beading project or a Soduko puzzle and can’t be bothered with the t.v. Grant you what I can hear on the screen makes me sad for women kind and when I hear them berate a tiny little girl who weighs 80 pounds soaking wet for being hugely fat and repulsive I wish I had a heavy object in hand to throw through the t.v. screen. Yes America, lets encourage girls to throw up the 3 carrots and water they consume during the day.


So, anyway, back to Idol. There are only two kids on the show that I would listen to if they had albums. Chris and Taylor get a thumbs up. Chris because I like the Creed/ Pearl Jam husky voice. And Taylor because he has a style like Dave Matthews or David Gray and personality in spades. Mandisa is also very good but I’m not a gospel girl.
Overall it wasn’t a painful hour but I don’t think I would do it again.

On the plus side since I was hiding in the basement so as to avoid my hubby making fun of me he did do the dishes, drug the cat, and start the dishwasher. Hmmm, maybe I need to hide more often.

And my friend at work is now happy.

The things we do for the ones we love…………………………

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never watched Idol either, but the Fox morning news does a highlights thing. All I will say is that Ace could crawl into my bed anytime.