Thursday, March 23, 2006

Finally some quiet time

It's been hectic and I haven't had a chance to write anything down as of late. Thankfully it looks like my career is safe for now. In fact I got a copy of my performance review and it was very favorable. Hopefully that means that as the changes come down the pike I am valued enough to be kept in some capacity or another.

The past three days have been spent helping conduct a training class. Monday we spent prepping for it and then Tuesday and Wednesday we ran the seminar. I never thought that I would fall in love with the field I am in and the things we do but I find that I have. It's not rocket science, it is rock science, and who'd have thunk that I would have fun being involved in it.

I was out at the Mall of America last night with my friend and I found myself studying the building and it's architecture more than the shoes and clothes in the stores. When the heck did that switch occur? Much like when I worked in the china industry you find yourself obsessed about the strangest thing. China industry folks are notorious plate flippers. We have to see what we are eating off of no matter where we are. And no matter how much food we spill in the process it's a serious compulsion to find out who made the plate.

I ran into a former china person during the seminar and we talked tableware for an hour. And we laughed about that damn plate flipping compulsion. Spookily enough the guy's family business was bought out by the company and person I used to work for. It's a small world. Very very small. Very very very small.

On a separate more girly note I did manage to get in some shopping at the mall. And the find of the day was a pair of Born sandals for $19.00! You can't touch those shoes for under $60. Or I should say, unless you wear a size 6 shoe I don't often see them on clearance. The leather is baby butt soft and soooo comfy. I can't wait till it warms up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How right you are. I'm always looking at who makes the china I see. My big weakness is wanting to buy some of it when the design grabs me though. I really have to watch myself when I'm on Ebay