Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Doing Denver

Since I managed to hold on to my job last week I had a big business trip this week. So what do I do Sunday night? Somehow manage to close a cupboard door, like I have done for 30 some odd years now, only this time, my face was in the way. And I smacked the side of my nose so hard I saw stars and actually broke the skin. Needless to say I watched Poirot with an icecube attached to the side of my head. I really didn't need a black eye and purple nose when meeting clients for the first time. The post fight Rocky look, it just doesn't sell product.

Thankfully, the ice, and makeup made me look somewhat normal (or as normal as an ugly spud like myself can look). I couldn't do anything about the giant scab like spot where I had been bleeding, but it could have been SO much worse.

So, Monday, big snows in Minnesota. BUT, it is actually about the most snow we have had all winter so no one is really complaining. And it was the gorgeous snow that blankets all the bushes, trees, fences, and wires. Absolutely breathtaking, and the stillness in the air is amazing. It's as if the world was covered in a blanket of peaceful, silent white. There is nothing like it.

Grant you it couldn't have snowed at a worse time for me due to the fact that I had a plane to catch first thing in the morning, but I made it, safely, in one piece and that is ALL that truly matters.

So, Monday afternoon I find myself in the beautiful mile high city. I love Denver. The people are great and the city is just beautiful. I have been having a blast, meeting great people, and seeing some pretty amazing buildings.

Overall it has been a great trip, I'm learning a lot about the business practices in my newer position, techniques, processes, etc...And the people you meet are good people, down to earth, and very fun to be around.

Tuesday night our day ended at the court house. We were doing a demonstration so a lot of people were involved. So as with most government processes you see one guy working, and 10 people standing around watching him. Well, this was too interesting for a couple of the lawyers heading home for the day so they had to stop and joke around. "Hey, how many people does it take to do X?" and the lawyer finished the joke with" "Well, apparently 10, plus 2 lawyers now standing around waiting for an opportunity for a law suit"

You gotta admit that was pretty cute.

No comments: