Tuesday, March 07, 2006

24 and 79AD

Okay, first, om ma god oh ma god oh ma god – 24 – holy cow – didn’t expect that one in a MILLION YEARS!

I actually sit on the edge of my seat tense and fidgety. And have caught myself holding my breath. I really need to get a life………………………………

And now for more cultured news:

The Pompeii exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago was amazing!
Totally worth the trip.

It leaves Chicago at the end of March, travels to Japan, China, Toronto, and then it will be back in the US in Houston, where it will be at the Museum of Fine Arts in 2008.

It’s a long way away, but worth the trip so keep it in mind. Or head to Chicago in the next two weeks. The show closes toward the end of the month most likely to prepare for King Tut.

The drive to Chicago is a little over 6 hours. I found myself thankful again to the Apple gods for the Ipod. Nothing beats a little Pink Floyd while driving in the dark toward destinations unknown, and unfamiliar. Talk about setting the mood!

And there is nothing like coming home after a few days away. Soc’s missed us and wanted to be cuddled and held all night. And this morning he snuggled down into my arms, head under my chin and fell asleep. He was happy to have his mom and dad home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Hobbes spend a good amount of time on Saturday doing his usual "walk from room to room meowing for Daddy" bit. Pretty damn cute.

Anonymous said...

Pompeii sounds great, but alas, I probably won't be able to get up there. I may have to try to go for the new Tut exhibit though. I saw Tut at the Field on my first trip to Chicago many moons ago. God, I looked like a geek then