Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday ponderings and musings

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness & of pain: of strength & freedom. The beauty of disappointment & never–satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature & everlasting beauty of monotony.
Benjamin Britten














Beware of those angels with their wings glued on.
Billy Corgan

I’ll always remember 1995 as the year I found out Star Trek wasn’t real
Daniel Johns

Sometimes the lights all shining on me and other times I can barely see, lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it’s been
Grateful Dead

You’re the puzzle piece behind that couch who makes the sky complete
Lemonheads

We are all of us living in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars
Oscar Wilde

I think it’s probably a good thing to be considered stable, but with a capacity for madness
Wayne Coyne, The Flaming Lips

Love, in all its fragile forms, is the one powerful, enduring force that brings real meaning to our everyday lives.…but the love I mean is the fire that burns inside us all, the inner warmth that prevents our soul from freezing in the winters of despair.
Bradley Trevor Grieve, “The meaning of life?

For what is the beloved? She is that which I myself am not. In the act of love, I am pure male, and she is pure female. She is she, and I am I, and clasped together with her, I know how perfectly she is not me, how perfectly I am not her, how utterly we are two, the light and the darkness, and how infinitely and eternally, not-to-be-comprehended by either of us is the surpassing One we make.
DH Lawrence

No comments: