Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Newt thoughts

The hubster was tasked with sending my mom's b-day present out since I am in Austin. But I forgot to leave him the address. So, I gave dad a call. Only he wasn't in. So I decided to google him. (My address book is in my desk at work)



I forgot I have a Grandfather I have never met. He divorced my Grandma when my dad was very young and has never been a part of my father's life since.



But it was weird staring at a name, address, and phone number of a total stranger that I share blood with.



And to see some of the things he is involved in. He is a Mason. And very active in the organization so his name appeared all over the place.



As I was looking through the names on the list I knew that the asterisks next to a name meant they were deceased. I realized I held my breath till I found his name.



I guess I am kinda curious. Who is he, why did he remove himself from my dad's life?



I also forgot that my dad owns a patent. The application and issuance was one of the hits.



And I saw my name on page two. Tied to my high school records.



It was so weird..........................

8 comments:

R.E.H. said...

Makes me think of researching family origins. It would be quite interesting.

My father never saw his own father (my real grandfather), and only a few years before his death did he find out he had three half sisters (meaning I have three aunts I've never met).

It would be a lot of fun tracking them all down... and weird.

Jay said...

That is kind of weird.

And interesting.

Kell said...

That's a little creepy. Amazing what you can find.

Karen said...

My dad has a sister who has never been part of his life - at least not since I was born. In fact, I didn't even know of her existence until I went to high school (a small private high school) and found that her children were also attending the same school.

It was really wierd. Strange things happen in families.

J said...

See? And you thought that the threat of things you did going on your "permanent record" was just a scare tactic by the assistant principal. Who knew?

Tory said...

I know how you must have felt looking at those names. My dad has never been part of my life and I recently got in touch with him and it was weird.
Loved the pics and I hope you're having a wonderful time.
Take care
Tory
By the way, you're my hero for actually getting on a plane. I'm not sure I could anymore.

Tink said...

If you google my name, you come up with my photo page, my high school graduation announcement, and an article in the paper for when I robbed that bank.

I'm kidding! It was for being the maid of honor at a friend's wedding. But that just sounded so booooring. ;)

Christy said...

My reviews and articles come up when I google my name. Somewhere sprinkled in there is a 5K walk record when I did a 5K with my Mom and got in 1st place...which is not hard to do when you're only walking. =o)