Thursday, January 24, 2008

The latest and the short list

The hubster heads to Germany again on Friday. Sigh..................But, I have an evening with the Shoe Whore planned for Saturday which will help take away the lonelies. We are going to a scrap night at the local Archivers store. 5-11pm dinner included. It should be fun.

Of course we will be meeting slightly before that to hit up the shoe store.

I am just a couple of pages away from done in reading the third book in the Golden Compass series. And I have to say that overall I liked them.

My work schedule had me traveling for three weeks solid. I was ok with that but then I realized the other night that I wouldn't last that long without seeing my puppies (and the hubster of course). So I am coming home for a short weekend after week 2. I was sitting in the living room reading with Lily sound asleep in my lap and I knew that I had to come home at some point.

What also worked nicely was that the In-laws offered us symphony tickets for that very weekend I am home to visit. So, we won't be together for Valentines day, but we do get to go out on a date that Saturday. It's too crazy to try to go out for V Day anyway.

My travels will take me to S. Cal and Austin TX again. I get to go to New Jersey toward the end of March. Which will be great since I have a good friend there.

And going to S. Cal allows me to visit my family while I am there.

Well, that's about all for now. I have to say I'm sorry to you all for how long my question/answer post ended up being. Dang. So, here it is in short, "non-fiction" form.

Kell:
"If you could go back in time, what time period would you go to and who would you want to meet there?"

I would go back to the Renaissance period and I would want to meet Michelangelo - and if I lucked out his sometimes friend and sometimes rival Leonardo would be with him. And I'm not talking about that pathetic boat boy, I'm talking about the real Leonardo!

"If there, heaven forbid, was some disaster and you could only grab 2 pairs of shoes, which 2 would grab?"

if I had to just pick two, I would pick my black pumps with the flowers painted on them and I would probably pick the black and pink Mudd sandals that I live in in summer. That way I cover the comfort and the stunning good looks.

"What was your favorite date with your hubby?"

That would have to be our first official date. He flew out to see me about 2 weeks after the wedding From the airport we went to San Francisco. We ate at my favorite place, Calzones, and then had coffee and dessert at the Italian coffee house across the street. We danced in the street with the street musicians, and then headed back to the bed and breakfast inn he had surprised me with earlier. Not only was it perfect in every sense of the word as far as dates go, but also, this huge spark had ignited between us the first time we met. And a couple weeks later for our second meeting it was amazing to know that the spark was still red hot and real

Jay:

"What is the best book you've ever read?"

That would have to be In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead by James Lee Burke. That was the book that started my romance with the author and his amazing characters and writing.

But, I have very fond memories of A Separate Peace because it was the first time I learned that books could move your soul. And that was an amazing moment and probably when I fell completely and totally in love with reading.

"What is the best movie you've ever seen"

That would have to be Star Wars

Karen:

"How did you meet your husband?"

Well, we met at a wedding in Vegas. My roommate had been invited to the wedding and we decided to make it a major girl road trip. Hubster was the best man in the wedding so he had flown out from Minnesota. After the wedding ceremony we spent the night exploring the town, a whole group of us spent well into the wee hours of the morning talking, laughing, drinking, and smoking cigars. Funny thing was, I married the best man, and my friend married the brother of the groom. It was a good wedding.

"Are you planning another tattoo? Of what and where?"

Well, I was just telling hubster that I think I am done getting inked, but he told me that you can never have too much ink. And, he's probably right. But for now I have no inspirations or ideas so I have to say that I am done. But, if I had to get one tomorrow, I would have a daisy put along my bikini line

Christy:

"Did you ever have a vivid dream that when you woke up you thought it really happened? What was it?"

Well, I once had a dream that when I woke up I truly and deeply wished it were real. It was very strange, the world had actually blown up, but I was with a group of children as well as a young man my same age. For whatever reason we were safe in a furniture store. When the world had finished exploding all of us climbed on the roof of the store and looked out at the most brilliant sunrise I have ever seen. And the wind was softly blowing our hair, the young guy took my hand and we stood there, with the children, and we knew that everything was going to be all right.
ok, now, I know that seems very strange, and you are probably wondering why I wished it were true, but while I was dreaming, it was the most peaceful, beautiful feeling. I cant really describe it. But I was almost crying when I woke up to discover it wasn't real

"And what do you mean they drive on the shoulder?"

Well, they don't have right hand turn lanes, so you use the shoulder when you need to turn onto a road on the right. But apparently in Austin that translates to a third lane for the entire trip. And not only that, but we watched several cars use the dirt as another lane. So, you have people driving in the two normal lanes, the shoulder, and in the dirt.

Joel:

"How many Countries you've visited and which do you like the best? "

I have not traveled to many countries. But I have been to Canada, Mexico, and Germany. All of which I loved but for completely different reasons. I hope to add Belgium and even maybe Italy to my list before the end of the year. My great dream is to see Florence. And the hubster and I plan to spend our tenth anniversary in New Zealand.

Mike:

"If you had to pick one author or actor to accompany you on a cross country road trip, who would it be?"

I guess if I could travel cross country with anyone it would have to be Nigella Lawson. She's funny, she loves to eat, and she's just girly girl enough to be a blast but not high maintenance. So I know that we would have a great time, she would stop and eat at all kinds of quirky places with me, and I know she would be game for finding the best truck stop pie in the country.

"What is your all-time favorite food?"

Hamburger, shake and fries.

"is there any song or movie that you secretly love, but would be embarrassed for us to find out? What is it?"

I would do anything for love by Meatloaf.

REH:

"Blond, Brunette or Redhead?"

Tall DARK and handsome

"What is the best thing about where you live?"

The quality of life

"What is the worst thing about where you live?"

The fact that it was 30 below this week with wind chills toward -45

"Will you be my blogger princess?"

Yes, of course I'll be your blogger princess

Tory:

"What person, living or dead, would you most like to have a conversation with?"

God because it would either be the most interesting conversation in the history of conversations or dead silence.

"What would you consider to be your 'life motto'? or words to live by."

"42"

Ok, ok, how about this: Always give your significant other a kiss and say I love you before either of you have to leave. Even if all they are going to do is go out and mow the lawn.

"Hubster - boxers or briefs??"

Briefs, but he drives me crazy when he wears boxer briefs.

"Happiest moment?"

My wedding day.

"Saddest moment?"

When my Aunt called to tell me my Uncle had a heart attack. It was the first time in my life I was faced with the idea that my family wasn't immortal."(my uncle was ok, but it was a definitive moment in my life and I was forced to deal for the first time with the idea that some day, those I love most in this world will die.)

"Shoes or Hubster, you can only pick one! (I know, I'm mean today!!)"

The hubster

Mike (comes back with one more)

"What do you think is the most abject form of human suffering?"

religious and political fanaticism.

J:

"Do you obey the law because its the right thing to do, or for fear of being caught?"

Well, I guess, for the most part, I obey the laws because its the right thing to do. And that's the truth, honest. Can you imagine if everyone thought they had the right of way? Cars would never move again.

Nettie:

"Well, then, tell us, did you ever get any?"

well, as a matter of fact, this very morning.

"Who's your bestest friend in the whole wide world?"

The hubster. But as for girlfriends, that would be BFFM.

"Will you take the spawn from 2/26 - 3/1?"

I can't, I'm going to be in Austin. I'm sorry

Tink:

"What kind of underwear are you wearing right this very moment?"

Thong

"What's your strangest habit?"

I chew on my lip a lot. And I can't go to sleep unless the closet door is closed, you know, closet monsters.

"If you could jump into a hobby and be perfect at it right away, what hobby would you choose?"

I would play the Oboe.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Not the pathetic boat boy...hahahahahahahaha, too funny!

Tink said...

The oboe...

*Snort*

I love you.