Monday, January 14, 2008

Austin - I'm in love

Ok, so the Newt, sometimes, isn't so smart. I'll actually admit to you all what came out of my mouth last night.

The boss and I had just rented our car which is conveniently located right next to the baggage claim. We are at the first of 5 carousels.

Boss: Hmmm, now we just have to figure out which one our luggage is at.
Newt: Oh, must be 5, there's the tall guy in a cowboy hat.
Boss: Looking at me in a perplexed sort of way

wait for it
wait for it

***Lightbulb***

Newt: Oh, um, duh, we're in Texas aren't we.

As it turns out I did identify the same tall drink of water in a cowboy hat that was on our plane. But still, that's like picking out white trash at a pro-wrestling match.

Now, why am I in love with Austin? One word: WARM

We walked out to get our car, our shoulders did the Minnesota hunch. But as soon as the night air hit our bodies we both relaxed, looked at each other and grinned.

Oh baby that felt good.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Hahaha, I would have done the same thing! Lucky to be in warm weather! Take Austin pictures for us!

Anonymous said...

HA HA. Very, very funny. And oh so true!!

Have a great time in the warmth!

R.E.H. said...

Haha... well, you're not used to being in Texas, so I'm not going to write you off as certifiable just yet ;)

I wanna be someplace warm myself. Can't stand the freakin' cold anymore... it's driving me insane!

Karen said...

Austin is an AMAZING city. There is so much to do - great resturants, great night clubs, lots of culture and art - and of course nice weather.

Kell said...

I find cowboy hats and cowboy boots very attractive. I do miss that part of Texas. The warmth of January is OK. it's the warmth of August that will kill ya.

Have a great time.