Thursday, January 26, 2006

Shoes, Bose, and no Steve

A little shallow female indulgence:

Last night was mall night with my buddies from a former job. We meet once a month for shopping and dinner at the mall of despair. Being the former retail manager nutcase that I am I noticed that Bose was giving up their big corner store and opting for a smaller store a couple of doors down from Apple. (They are currently only about 50 feet and Lego Land away from one another - seriously you can see both stores at the same time) I just have to wonder how un-godly the rent is. Apparently it is cheaper to totally redesign a store into a smaller location, plumb it, wire it, etc. then to pay the rent on the corner location. Why else would they move? Hmmm the benign things I think about.

I found great deals at Christopher & Banks. Mom's b-day presents and some stuff for one of the girls here at work. Sales racks. Their stuff is awesome, I'm telling you. I got a very nice pair of winter weight bootcut pants in navy blue for my co-worker for $4.99. I also found her a red and grey checked long sleeve blouse for $4.99. How can you beat that? It's good quality, excellent style for work, and washes and wears like a dream.

No mall trip would be complete without visiting DSW. And giggles and grins my favorite shoes were in back on the clearance rack. Yippee! Black wedges by Kenzie. They already did 70% off the turquoise ones a while back (yes, of course I got those) so I was happy that they finally decided to get rid of the black version.

And the evening would not be complete without dinner at the Tuci. Alas however our favorite and regular waiter was on vacation. So sans Steve we still had a wonderful gab filled meal. Chatting about life, the universe, and everything.

So, thank you for the indulgence, I do have to be girlie once in a while :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never see you buying me clothes. (sniff)...

Unknown said...

Very funny blog...very attractive blog.....you can buyCaterpillar shoes from anywhere in the world.....