Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Man vs. Dog

So, I wanted to check the weather to see just how unseasonably warm it is going to be. Tomorrow (Thursday) we are expecting a high close to 50. Please keep in mind we means Minnesota. Anyway, I catch a headline in the local news section:

HOSPITAL OK'D FOR TREATING ANIMALS AND HUMANS


To sum up the story: A hospital in a very rural part on Minnesota had to undergo a Health Dept. Investigation because some slug complained about them helping the local vet out with animals. What the hospital does is let the vet use their x-ray machine because they don't have one of their own. Fortunately the hospital was cleared of any and all violations.

Which brings me to my rant:

A. Animals are far more deserving of healthcare than 99% of the human population
B. Pet owners are NOT more susceptible to disease
C. Studies have shown that people live longer and are healthier when an animal is part of the household
D. Did I mention animals are far more deserving than humans?
E. I would prefer a hospital that values all life rather than one that is pick and choose.
F. Freddy the bum has more diseases and bugs than most animals and no one complains when he is given medical attention - I wouldn't want to be on the x-ray slab after him!
G. Did I mention animals are more deserving than humans?
H. My dogs are my life and I would never forgive someone who let them die for the sake of "Cleanliness"
I. As an animal lover I am far more likely to support my local hospital if I knew that if offered emergency care to animals. They have a fund raiser ball or pancake breakfast- I'm there!
J. I work for a chemical company and can vouch for the fact that the disinfectants hospitals use (at least our chemicals) kills many if not all of the diseases that animals can carry (mind you that most of these diseases we can't even get) in other words we sell the same chemical to St. Joe's hospital that we sell to Joe's veterinary hospital. So if it kills HIV, TB, and Herpes I'm pretty sure it will kill whatever Fido may have.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And what do you want to bet that the same slug who complained about the animals getting treatment at the hospital is the same type who drops his cat off at the humane society because the cat's fur doesn't match the new livingroom carpet?