Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mana from Heaven

There was a wonderful box on my doorstep last night. It contained 9 of the 11 books I ordered from B&N. At $3.99 each I couldn't say no. Unfortunately only 7 of the books were from my list. The other 4 were ones I found while looking through the clearance books. I started one of the 4 spontaneous purchases last night. It's called "Across the Nightingale Floor" by Lian Hearn. It's book one in a trilogy. So far, so awesome. It's a mystical story set in ancient Japan.

Last night I finished "New York Trilogy" by Paul Auster. Very odd collection of 3 short stories. Very very odd. But as odd as it was I think it is one of those stories I won't forget any time soon.

At last count my new must read total was 257. It doesn't help that I keep adding more than I take away and read..........sheesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, love that picture of Sophie. What a classic.