Monday, January 30, 2006

Adding some Spice to my life

It was a nice weekend. The girls joined me and my folks for breakfast at the Downtowner Woodfire Grill in St. Paul. Wonderful food! Then we went to Grand Ave. to shop. Penzey's was the first stop on our journey. This is a very cool spice shop. I picked up something called the Northwoods spice mix. It smelled, well, like the northwoods. Or at least the smell you would want wafting off the campfire as your steak cooked :-). I also picked up Orange Peel. I used it Sunday morning in my beer bread. This store is CRAZY cool if you like to cook.

We also wandered around Restoration Hardware, the Bead Monkey, and our last stop was the Grand Ole Creamery for ice cream. Best homemade ice cream in the cities and ranked 10th in the United States!

Saturday night we went to the Gaslight Tour at the James J. Hill house. It's amazing how much money there was in railroads back at the turn of the century.

Finally, Sunday was highlighted with a trip to Mama Marias for a late lunch early dinner. And as usual, the food was orgasmic. Perfect in every way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And tonight is 24. Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

I have to restrain myself from going to Penzey's every time I drive past their store lest I drop an entire paycheck there.