Tuesday, December 19, 2006

She's BAAAAACCCCKKK

Newt sums up the glorious past few days.

Ready --- Set --- Go!

Lily was amazing and fantastic on the plane ride. She got out of her little carrier at security, stayed in my arms and didn’t pee on me. Got back in her carrier with ease and seemed to actually enjoy the plane ride.

We had three seats to ourselves so she sat next to me the whole trip.

Upon arriving at my folks house in San Diego she promptly went outside and after a little confusion over lack of grass she piddled in the rocks. (They have an all rock landscape given the desert climate).

She then fell fast asleep in the kennel – I put her kennel up on the bed with me so she would know that mommy wasn’t going anywhere.

Upon getting up Wednesday she went outside and piddled in the rocks again.

We are now 2 and 0 on the piddling.

I gave dad his very cool James lee Burke character shirt. He put it on immediately and said it was his favorite Christmas present ever.

Dad and I went off to the coffee shop and I met all their friends. And he showed off his shirt. And the guys were a little bit jealous.

We rented some movies and then went to In and Out burger. Yummy!

Then home for a little relaxation.

Lilly went outside again and piddled – 3 and 0!

Mom and Dad made one of my favorite dinners: Corn Beef Tacos.

Then dad and I sat in the recliners and read. He listened to my Ipod and I listened to his.

We then watched a very very strange movie: Mirror Mask. I think they described it as drug induced eye candy. Which it was.

Once again my princess girl piddled outside – 4 and 0!

Thursday morning I got up early. Made coffee, read my book and took Lily outside – yep 5 and 0!

Then Dad and I watched another movie: House of Sand. Very good movie. Slow, no action, but still a good movie.

Then we were off to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Ontario.

Poor little Lily got car sick on the way.

But then once at the house she was more than willing to go potty out on the grass. 6 and 0!

Spent a lovely time with my Aunt and Uncle. We took care of some banking issues they wanted to take care of. And ate a fabulous meal – or 2 at their favorite place: The Whole Enchilada.

The entire stay at their house Lily went outside. Such a good girl. And I always put her kennel right by me at night so even though she was at yet another new house she always knew that mommy was around.

She is at this point: 10 and 0!

The folks came back and picked me up and we returned to San Diego Saturday night. Mom and Dad watched some tv and I read a little and went to bed early.

Sunday we got up and headed off for our Weiner Wonderland Parade. Too much fun!
We finished Sunday night with a nice dinner and a couple of movies: The 13th Warrior and Beowulf & Grendel. I enjoyed them both. Funny how we picked out two Viking movies. My parents hadn’t seen 13th Warrior and it’s one of my favorites so we rented that. And then I picked out Beowulf and Grendel pretty much because it has Gerard Butler in it. I can’t tell a lie and say I wanted to see it for any other reason.

At this point Lily is now 13 and 0! How awesome is that?

Unfortunately Monday finally arrived. And after a stop at the coffee shop we headed to the airport. Sigh………………

On the trip home Lily was again a little angel. And we lucked out with three seats to ourselves again. So she spent the trip back cuddling with me on the seat.

So, there you have it. Lily managed to go 14 and 0 for the season. Why oh why can’t she do that at home??????????

Overall it was a nice trip. Nothing spectacular. Just time with family that I love dearly.

Now hop on over to Flickr to see pictures from the trip!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!! Sounds like you (and Lily) had a great trip. I've seen Mirror Mask. Very odd movie. The only part I liked in it was when the "evil" girl started tearing down the paper world and rearranging where everything went. Which sounds totally preposterous if you haven't seen the movie. *snort*

Tink
http://pickledbeef.blogspot.com

Betty said...

Glad you had a good time and got back safe and sound. Lily was such a good girl!

graymama said...

Hooray for Lily! What a sweetheart :-)

I am so happy that you had a great time, and I am glad to see you back :-)

Jay said...

Welcome back. Glad you had a great time. And glad none of your flights were canceled and didn't have any travel troubles.

Congrats Lily! What a good wittle doggy!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are amazing! The clouds are so surreal and I'm pretty sure I squealed with delight outloud at every single wiener pic. Thanks for letting us see them!

Ahhh...the sign of a truly good gift is when they put it on right away and then go a braggin' to their buds! Good job, Newt!

Glad you're back. We missed ya!

Kell said...

Yeah! Welcome back! Lily is just the sweetest thing.

Loved you photos. They were awesome.