Sunday, December 10, 2006

6 things - 6 weird and quirky things

Jay started this, or at least in this case I am going to blame him. Then he tagged Kell and then she tagged me. So here we go kiddies:

Here’s how the system works: Each player starts with the "6 Weird Things about Me." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. I don't like tomatoes. I've tried to eat them for 30 some years and I just can't do it. I only like them if they are in sauce or soup form. And even then it has to be quite pulverized. If there are chunks in my sauce I pick them out.

2. I was born without wisdom teeth. And the conversation about it went something like this:
Dentist: Your daughter doesn't have any wisdom teeth. She's sort of an "evolutionary leap" if you will.
Dad: "No wisdom teeth eh? Well, that explains the low grades in school."
Brother: "I told you she wasn't human"
Newt: "I don't suppose I could get lucky enough for the government to take me away from all this and study me somewhere far far away from my family?"

3. I can't sleep if the closet door is open. Sorry but the closet monster is real. And not all of them are as cute as Sully from Monsters Inc.

4. There is only one thing a person could say to me that would make me slap them: "Motion sickness is all in your head." Trust me, the last thing I want to do while on a whale watching excursion off the oregon coast is to hang my head over the edge of the ship and barf. Feed the whales instead of seeing the whales. Or how about kayaking in the Monterey bay. I could be enjoying the seals and otters that are swimming along my kayak with me. But, no, my brain thinks it is so much more fun to throw up. Yep, you're right, it's all in my head.

5. I can't have anything on my feet when I sleep.

6. The one exception to #5 is when it comes to sleeping bags. If they are nylon - which pretty much all the warm ones are, I can't stand having any part of my body touching the nylon. I have to wrap myself in a sheet, or cover my body from head to toe in clothes before I can get into a sleeping bag. Even if I am the one and only person to ever use it, I'm still grossed out. I think it's the feel of the nylon. But whatever it is. I get the hee-bee-gee-bees.

7. (Hey, I'm on a role, and I hate rules.) I won't eat seafood. Any kind. Between texture and smell I just can't do it.

8. (Ok, last one, I promise) - I don't like chocolate and fruit together.

So there you go. A few weird things about Newt.

Who do I tag?

Let's see,

Miker ZZ
J-Funk
Lone Sophist
Jay (6 more please :-)

See, I break rules again. I won't tag anyone else......Mostly because they already got tagged.

9 comments:

steve said...

You're missin' out on some of life's greatest pleasures with the seafood aversion.

But I'm with ya on the feet thing. I'm suspicious of people who wear socks to bed.

Jay said...

That was a very interesting list of weirdness. Especially #8. That's something I just can't relate to. No chocolate covered cherries? Or Chocolate covered strawberries? Weird man! LOL

Oh, and I've been to Monterey twice and thought it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I'm so jealous of people who have spent more time there doing more fun things there than I have.

Kell said...

#3 hits close to home. I had to either turn my dolls away or put them away before I could sleep. And the closet has to be closed.

My hubby doesn't like seafood either. He says the first person who ate a crab had to be pretty damn hungry.

And you're a chocolate purist, huh?

Have a great week!

Betty said...

I'm the same way about the closet door, and motion sickness is real!

Tink said...

No wisdom teeth? You are so friggin LUCKY! I have two I've needed to get out for the last two years. Ugh.

I used to get horrible motion sickness. No one dared tell me it was all in my head though. I usually had a good 30 seconds before upchucking to pick my target.

Anonymous said...

I'll be posting my answers tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Mine are up!

Anonymous said...

I wear socks to bed because Hubby complains about my cold feet :-P

---graymama
http://graymama.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your #1 is my #6 on my list. :P

I, too, cannot have things on my feet whilst slumbering. Although the new cat seems to take the exposure of toes as a sign that they should be rubbed vigorously with a cat body and whiskers. It tickles!

I'm totally with ya on #4. "Um...some Gravol over here, please? STAT!"

Fruit and chocolate don't belong together. Everyoe knows chocolate is it's own food group. Duh.