Thursday, December 07, 2006

Random Thursday

* My friend Girl J was saying that she hadn't figured out the perfect song for me on her cell phone. So I told her that I wanted my ring to be the theme song from Sesame Street.

* I called her to remind her that Friday was casual jean day and when she answered the phone she was laughing.

*When she calls me my phone sings out Cindy Lauper's "Girls just wanna have fun"

* Dad and I have already figured out when we can go to In & Out Burger during my stay with them.

* On Tuesday when the hubster picked me up he handed me "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" - I just love that man.

* Work has been insanely busy - but the day is over before I know it. So that's a good thing.

* My current project at work had me a little worried that I was in for several days of being yelled and sworn at. But be it because I am a girl in a man's industry, or that I am low grunt on the totem pole they have been incredibly nice to me and not venting their frustrations on me. Most of the time when it is their turn to talk they begin with "I know this wasn't your idea." and they stay calm from there.

*This entire mostly sleepless week makes me wonder why I even care so much about the job I do or how my clients feel about all the changes coming there way. Some days I wish I had thicker skin and less of a conscience.

*5 days till I go west.

3 comments:

Jay said...

I love the customized cell phone rings. How long are you going to be in out West?

graymama said...

I am jealous of the movie gift! A little secret is my b-day is coming up. Hopefully, Hubby has been listening to my hints. Maybe I will receive POTC2 because the other option is a $90 knitting purse. In Hubby's mind, it wouldn't be worth 90 comics, but the movie would be worth 20.

Kell said...

I love rambling posts.

I am so cell phone-illiterate that I don't even have my voice mail set up, let alone set different ring tones for different callers. I'm impressed!