Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Oy vey

So many books, so little time.

It's a good thing winter is coming. I recently updated my wish list of books to read. I had to put it in excel format since Barnes and Noble only allows you 25. And..........drum roll please......................I have 204 books on my list. So, I say again, Oy Vey!

Thanks to my loving father who got me a subscription to Pages Magazine I probably added 50 to the list today. Inevitably I check out the latest book from an author only to discover they have 5 or 6 other's that sound interesting. Don't get me wrong, I view this as a wonderful thing. Books are my life's enjoyment so the more the merrier. And if you don't get it and you like to read, treat yourself to a subscription. It's marvelous!

Recent additions include:
Case Histories by Kate Atkinson -(An author who's entire collection I added to my list)
The Angel of Forgetfulness by Steve Stern
The Lost Painting by Jonathan Harr
Pest Control by Bill Fitzhugh - (Another author who's entire collection was added)
The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue
Head Case by Peter Helton
Tokyo Suckerpunch by Isaac Adamson (The first in a series of 4 books)
Then She Found Me by Elinor Lipman (another multiple add)
The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt
All the Fishes Come Home to Roost by Rachel Manija Brown
His Dark Materials (a trilogy) by Philip Pullman

No comments: