Monday, November 21, 2005

Great Weekend

Most weekends are way too short. You get up Monday and you wonder what the heck happened to your two days off.

Pleasantly this was not the case. Maybe it's because winter is coming and I feel less obligated to do yard work and stuff. But whatever it is, I like it.

Saturday was a lazy day. Clean the house a little, finish Shantaram and start a new book - Freddy and Fredericka by Mark Helprin. Then head off to a friends house in BFE Wisconsin for a party. She has a beautiful home in the middle of nowhere. I wouldn't mind it at all. But I'd be a little worried about the crazy maniac drivers on country roads. No wonder the majority of vehicle deaths are not in the twin cities. These people act like they are on their own rubber bumper sided Autobahn. Dang.

After the party I stopped at Michael's for some sale items I could use for making jewelry. (one more show to go this year) And I had to look at DSW. And I had to buy some shoes. But wait, please let me explain for those who think I already have WAY too many shoes: I have loved this cute pair of sandals for a long time but I wasn't willing to pay the $$ for em. Well, seeing as it's 20 degrees outside and the demand for sandals are down they put them in the 70% off section. So darned if they didn't cost me 10.47. And to go along with them I got a pair or Keds for 11.00.
How can you beat that? Or, how can your refuse that? I can't get them at target that cheap. Even Michael said the sandals were cute. What guy can refuse sexy 4 inch heels? He didn't even give me a sigh and a head shake.

Sunday was also relaxing. We cleaned up some more, vacuumed up the giant doggie tumbleweeds blowing around the living room and dining room. Cleaned off the coffee table, and dining room table. Then I made some jewelry. I ordered some beautiful faceted stones so I made some pieces with those. I also got some new bells that I made into earrings for the holidays. They have sold well at my previous shows so I wanted to make sure I had stock for the next show seeing as I previously sold out and wouldn't have had any to bring.

Also watched a little football, another excellent and funny Simpsons, and we watched the season finale of Rome. Most excellent, not surprising on one end but devastating bummer on the other. They killed off two characters. One - well, historically they had to. But the other character, it was a surprise and bummer that they axed the character.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its good to know I wasn't the only one yelling "No, you bastards!!" at the television.