Monday, November 14, 2005

Ladybug central

We are up to 8+ residents of the Ladybug hotel. I added sugar in the raw for them and they seem to like it. On Saturday we put together our new Ikea china hutch and rescued 3 of the newest squatters from certain peril. The little guys were banging their little bodies into the kitchen light globe. It was odd that they all chose to do it at once since that light is on pretty regularly but for some reason they were abnormally active Saturday night. It was fun to try to catch them. And challenging since we had a big piece of furniture in various states of assembly in the middle of the room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ladybugs and furniture construction... not such a good thing. Maybe you should put the house in an aquarium so they have more room to roam free from harm.

I can't remember anymore... what's your china pattern? All I remember is that you made fun of me for buying Diamond Ring when it clearanced.

Newt said...

Ha Ha - very funny Mike.

I have Switch 3 from Vilroy and Bach and I have assorted plates in Lenox. I never picked a pattern. Well, I did but someone I once knew got that set. I do have 4 dinner and bread plates in Autumn. 2 in Charlotte?(can't remember name) and 2 in Liberty. And then oodles of mismatch. I use Symphony candy dishes for salad plates cause that was just too cool.