Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ladybug, Ladybug

Well, I currently have two residents in my lady bug house. Resident one I removed from the drain in the sink and he was closely followed by the little guy crawling around the rim of a cup. I spotted another potential resident but he was crawling around the corners of the ceiling. I can't reach him yet.

I have no idea what a ladybug would want in its house. I tried leaves and bark mulch. They seemed pretty upset about the leaves so I removed them. How do I determine levels of unrest? Pretty much by how active they are. With the leaves they were running around the roof line searching for escape. Once the leaves were removed they settled down. One is living on the room and one is resting among the mulch. Since they are attracted to water I also put in a little yogurt lid with a tiny puddle of water (don't want em to drown).

Yes, this probably puts me in the whacked out category but I don't really care. I could have far more harmful hobbies.

No comments: