Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Chasing Lady bugs

As those who live in Minnesota know it is Lady Bug time. Our house gets filled with the tiny red bugs that hope to winter in our kitchen. The challenge is trying to keep them alive and out of the sink.

Yeah, I know, they are just bugs. But we know they are good for eating bad bugs in our yard. And they have that cuteness factor going for them.

How many make it through winter and get back outside? I couldn't tell you. But our intentions are noble. I have even considered looking into a little lady bug house for them. But I don't have a clue what they eat. Perhaps I will look into this and just make a little house for them. I have a tiny plastic tank meant for a beta fish. Hmmmmmmmm

Anywho, it's one of those strange regional things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And people think I'm slightly whacked for wantign to install a bat house here at Casa Apathy. Oh wait. They're probably right about that.