Monday, November 24, 2008

WWC at Castillo de San Marcos

Today's pictures and yesterday's picture of the day were taken at Castillo de San Marcos in Saint Augustine Florida.

This picture would have been a PERFECT canon firing shot but it is blurry so it is FLAWED
Flag that flies at the entranceEntrance guard






Walls of the Castillo are very cool

We had fun wandering around the monument grounds and even took some time to relax on the wall that runs along the water. We read our books in the sun with the water lapping at our feet. It was fabulous. The picture below I took when I looked up from our little spot and thought what a cool image it was. The monument is right behind and to the right of this tree. But looking at it from our perspective made it look like this tree was in an endless grassy field.


5 comments:

Fortune Cookies said...

I haven't been by here in a while, I LOVE your new look!!!
That tree is beautiful! I had all sorts of wonderful things to say about the other photos, and then I saw that tree, and got lost. It's beautiful!!! Did I say that already?

Tink said...

*Happy sigh* Awesome...

Next time you guys come down, we'll have to go drink at the ol' Spanish pub. They sing to you! :)

g-man said...

Wicked cool shots. Bummer on the blurry cannon, it is still a cool shot. That tree looks so serene. Well done as always.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics! I'll just assume the cannon shot is blurry because, well, someone shot the cannon...

Like everyone else, I *heart* the photograph of the lone tree in the grass.

Aunt Jackie said...

Scenic and lovely! I love the tree at the end too. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!