Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Mania

Reason to love living in Minnesota #4:

The other morning I let the dogs out. One of them started barking so I leaned out to tell them to be quiet. The wind blew and my freshly showered wet hair froze to the door frame. Only in Minnesota can your head actually get stuck to your house!

Ok, so some of you might see that as a reason not to live in MN but personally, I find it kinda funny and kinda cool.

Naughty Monkey of the day:












Newt Photo of the day:

Puppy Talk for the day:
Hubster brought in a pile of towels and linens he had forgotten in his truck from back when he closed up the cabin. He threw them on the floor in the living room intending to wash them when i was done with my laundry. Sophie and Lily informed us otherwise and turned the pile into their own little puppy beds.
Newt on Entertainment:
I am watching a movie called YPF (Young People F'ing) I'll let you know how it was tomorrow.
Random Newt:
I have had a cold for over a week now. Which is getting a tad annoying. I got so desperate that I bought a tub of vic's vapo rub. I forgot how much I love that stuff. I haven't used it since I was a kid. But man does it work. It helped to calm my cough and made it easier to breathe. I'm not sure why I filed it away as a childhood remedy. But from now on there will always be some in the house ready for use the next time a cold starts to come on.

4 comments:

Tink said...

This is awsome. I feel a personal contection to every picture you've posted lately.

Anonymous said...

Your hair froze to the house?!? LOL, that is awesome! I'd file it in the same category as you did. ;)

At which fort did you take your photograph? I'm guessing this is from your Florida trip...

Sorry about your cold. I had it a few weeks ago and did my best to keep it to myself.
Mmmmm....Vic's. The smell of that magic stuff brings back memories of being small and cared for by my parents.

g-man said...

Better your hair then your tongue!

Interesting photo. Where is it?

{Eyebrows raised} YPF 'eh? Does that have some bad '70's bow-chica-bow-wow music goin on? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, living in MN has some funny moments... And other than 9 months of cold, it is pretty darn cool!

I love the pic... Looks kinda familiar! :)