Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WWC and Some New Newt

WWC - courtesy of vacation in Florida:

Sunset from the Public lighthouse

Sunset from the Private country club


Ok, well, after a long and painfully lonely hiatus from blogging I have decided to start a-newt. I mean, there will still be WWC and plenty of puppy talk. But I want to add a few newt things.

Like, since it's winter, how about reasons I love Minnesota. Trust me folks, for the next umpteen months I NEED reasons to love living here. Or at least remind myself why I live here.

Ok, so



Reason to Love Living in Minnesota #1:



When I go grocery shopping during fall, winter, and spring my ice cream won't melt before I get it home.



I know you love the shoe pics but I can't always get a shot of my daily shoe choice. So, I have decided to have a little day dream section to cover my non-shoe days. I call it the

Naughty Monkey of the day:











Newt Photo of the day:

And here is a picture from my vacation in Florida:
Puppy Talk for the day: This morning Lily fell asleep in my lap while I was having my coffee and reading. She had her little head resting on my chest and she was just snoring away.

Newt on Entertainment:


Finally watched Spiderman 3. Wow, was that a slow moving movie. Not bad, just painfully slow.

Reading a book I found while killing time at the airport. It's called "The City of Dreaming Books" by Walter Moers. How have I never heard of this guy before? He's brilliant!

Random Newt:

I received this as an email:

I rescued a human today
author unknown

I rescued a human today.
Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels.
I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.
As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage.
I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today.
Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past.
I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.
She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me.
I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her.
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.
A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.
I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved.
At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are back! We missed you!

Now I have urges to go adopt a shelter dog, because that was so very sweet!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

LILY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

g-man said...

Excellent sunset photos. I am jealous of your trip. :)

Nice shoes.

Our cat Moxie picked us in a similar manner. I used to call her our big moon pie faced cat.

Tink said...

I didn't know you guys went to the lighthouse! Wow, you really were busy. Next time, I'll have to take you to the Alligator farm and Ripley's Believe It or Not. Yup, that's right, I said "next time".

Btw, if we ever get time, we should start a book club.

Aunt Jackie said...

Great post, and I love the sunsets very much! Sunsets and Sunrises I have a weakness for. I love the story, and how you incorporate the WWC into a cool regular post.

Rockin!

Jay said...

Beautiful sunset photos!

I'm glad you're back!