Friday, February 17, 2006

Warning: Exposed flesh will freeze

Yeah, that's what everyone wants to wake up to. The radio announcing that it's so cold outside exposed flesh will freeze. Yippee, can't wait to crawl out of my nice warm bed.

Advice to NPR - DON'T mention the outdoor temps when you are having your fund raising drive. It doesn't put anyone in the giving mood.

Our membership is up in June. The weather is better then, we are more likely to contribute.

Anyway:

It’s Mid-afternoon here on a Friday. It’s colder than ass outside. No, really, around -20 to -30 degrees with wind chill. Today's high is expected to warm up to -5 actual air temp. As a co-worker said this morning, it’s so cold his brain isn’t working. He tried to follow a phone conversation while walking into the building and he was having a problem comprehending what was being said and was having a hard time remembering what he was supposed to talk about…………….

Seriously, It’s that cold.

But I am home, warm, and happy now. My training ended early so I finished the work day at the house. It’s a total hot chocolate kind of day. Actually it’s more of a coffee and baileys kind of day because it is ASS outside people.

I am excepting this cold with grace though because it has been such a dang fine winter. We were SO spoiled this year with mild weather. We are due. And it’s time to pay up. And I am okay with that. I broke out the parka, gloves, hat, scarf etc…. sucked it up and went outside. Grant you your face freezes, you can’t blink because your eyelids froze to your eyeballs, and it feels like you have icecubes in your bone marrow. But as I said, we are due, and it’s time to pay up. Hell, spring is right around the corner. How can we complain?

Green Day’s newest album is playing in the stereo. And my little fuzzies are all sacked out on the couch and chairs. Sophie looks darling as hell all curled up and zonked out. She is wearing her little blue sweatshirt with the pink trim. I just love her in it. And she stays warmer. She gets excited when I grab her sweatshirt out of the closet so I can only assume she likes it. So stop groaning people. Sometimes it is cold enough that, yes, the dog is willing to wear clothes. She also has a pretty fine coat so in this weather she really gets cold.

Well, time to make the hot totty………………………
And Coldplay is now spinning.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was cold enough this morning that I was actually considering putting my stocking cap on while waiting for the bus. However, it was too cold to take my glove off to get my hat out of my coat pocket. And my brain was too frozen to come up with any solutions to this conundrum...

Anonymous said...

You do realize that this post doesn't make me all that enthusiastic about moving to Minnesota, don't you?