Friday, February 24, 2006

Sucked into the literary vortex and other musings

So on Saturday a friend of mine gives me a series of books she thinks I'll enjoy. And she was correct, I am enjoying the books. I just wish she had warned me that they aren't just books but literary black holes. They suck you in and you can't escape. I feel like I have to pry my brain out from the pages. It's spooky actually. I've read three so far. And number four is in my briefcase ready and waiting for the lunch hour.

The series is by Simon R. Green. And it is the "Novels of the Nighside" series.
1. Something from the Nightside
2. Agents of Light and Darkness
3. Nightingale's Lament
4. Hex and the City
5. Paths not Taken
6. Sharper than a Serpents Tooth(due out this month)

The basic premise is that there is this whole other world that exists within London called the Nightside. Where anything and everything exists. It is always 3 a.m. and the moon is just a little bit larger than in the real world. The main character John Taylor has a gift. He can find anything. If you loose someone or something he can find it for you. Of course that includes the bullets in your gun, or even your heart for that matter. And he will hand them back to you if you ask nicely.

So, aside from furiously reading what else has been going on?

Well, tomorrow there is a bead show here in the cities. A few of us will be heading to that. Good way to spend girl time.

My friend H in California caught a cute pic of her kitty. She is one of my life sisters. We are spread around the country but never far in thought. None of my other ls's have blogs though that I know of. Though blog buddy Trish did mention that having a private blog is sometimes a good thing. This way you can get all the therapy you need without family or friends knowing it's out there. Not a bad idea.
Especially if you mean one thing in a blog but people interpret it differently. Interpretive blog reading syndrome.

Anyway, until lunch time when I get sucked into the Nightside..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those do sound pretty cool, Newt. I'll have to take you up on your offer and borrow the first one.