Friday, February 10, 2006

The Swoop and Poop

You have all experienced it - you're at work, someone comes over, usually a higher up but not always, and they dump a big ol' pile of stuff on your desk to do. It's amazingly fast, comes with little to no instructions, reasonings, or justifications, and takes you the next millennia to complete.

Well thankfully I wasn't the recipient of the latest swoop and poop but damn if it wasn't one of the slickest I have seen in a while.

I was just in an operations meeting which consists of sales, marketing, and financial folks from my business group. The head of our business group - also known as "next in line for CEO" is invited to the meetings but rarely attends. Today however was one of his rare appearances. Of course due to other important meetings he couldn't stay. So, he had just a few things to add and then we could continue and he'd be off. And dang if slick as snot and fast as lightening the guy didn't rattle off 7 or 8 "Issues to look into" to the Operations guys. Stuff that would have had my head swimming for a good, I don't know, thousand years, he just piled on like ordering a happy meal at McDonalds.

It was some impressive stuff. Rattle Rattle Bang Bang Bang, and I'm outa here!

And bless those boys from Operations they seemed to take it in stride as if he had just ordered a happy meal.

That's why I'm a pissant worker bee in the bat cave and not on the fast track corporate level to the swanky offices.

And I'm okay with that. If it means I don't have to be the recipient of a swoop and poop on that grand a scale.

No comments: