Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thoughts for the day


The photos in my title as well as today's blog are from the Ashes and Snow collection by Gregory Colbert. The photographs are marvelous.

I finished a really good story called "The Notorious Dr. August" by Christopher Bram. It was a fun read.

I am now reading a story called "Pest Control" by Bill Fitzhugh. I was in such happy oblivion reading this morning that I never got my second cup of coffee.

So allow me to leave you with these thoughts today:

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
- Mark Twain

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
- Mark Twain

'The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
- Albert Einstein

"A thought, even a possibility, can shatter and transform us."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living."
- Dr. Seuss

"While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die -- whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness."
- Gilda Radner

And I say to you: Good Day! Cheers! Aloha! Shalom!

No comments: