Monday, February 06, 2006

A plane, a friend, and a football game

I worked from home Friday in order to spend more time with my folks. It was the perfect day to stay home. Snow fall, cold temps, warm puppy on my lap.

We went to Mickey's for breakfast. Wow, was that a great meal! Then I worked and they relaxed and read. With snow falling outside it was a perfect day.

Saturday my folks left for home. Sniff.............

Sunday I asked R to go shopping with me. R is the fiance of my buddy J. I had always hoped that when J finally found the girl of his dreams that we would all get along enough to not loose touch with our friendship. J comes over at least once or twice a week. Usually Friday's for sci-fi and Sundays for football and or Simpsons. I hoped that when he did find someone that we wouldn't have to give that up entirely. Happiness for all, R is a wonderful person that fits right into the family fold. We aren't going to loose J, we are gaining R. (Max has already claimed their laps as his territory).

Anyway, we had a great time on our outing. Our tastes are very similar so it makes shopping a lot of fun. We like to look at the same things, we both wander around aimlessly just looking at stuff, and we can talk each other out of stuff we don't need. (Ahhh, the impulse police) .

Then of course we came home for the all important super bowl commercials. Pirates of the Caribbean AND McGyver commercial back to back! It doesn't get any better!

My sympathies to all my Seattle friends out there. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still need to borrow your Stargate tape from last Friday. "Pirates of the Carribean" this Friday, on the "big screen"?