Monday, December 01, 2008

Turkey Coma and Humble adventuring

Ok, so a turkey coma is no big surprise after Thanksgiving.

My darling and wonderful sister-in-law made a chocolate pecan pie.

Need I tell you I died and went to heaven after the first bite?

We braved the crowds on Friday to go to Target to get an X-box. And then we went to several other stores. We bought a case of assorted wines from Trader Joes, I got some sexy shoes at DSW. We bought some tools at Northern Equipment. And we got some munchies at World Market. All in all a fun and selfish day together.

We spent the rest of the weekend swearing and yelling and wondering how a game designed for kids was completely defeating us.

It's a very humbling experience.

But Lego Indiana Jones is a fun game.

We also got the Kung Fu panda game - the name is escaping me. That game is also super fun. However it made me sick. Too much camera motion leads to vertigo.

Oh well. I'll play it in very short bursts.

We have a very good friend coming to stay with us tonight.

So we did clean up the house a bit.

Good excuse to pause the game when we were getting too frustrated.

I also braved Mall of America on Saturday night to get Hubster a light from Sears that he liked.
And to use my free undies coupon at Victoria Secret. Black cotton boy shorts.

Don't let anyone tell you the economy is suffering THAT badly. Holy crap. There were more shoppers at MOA than there was space to walk.

And MOA didn't have the door busting sales that the big box retailers had.

The line at Old Navy was probably 50 people deep.

Initial reports say that retail sales were better than last year.

No shit.

We could have told them that at 6:15 Friday morning.

Considering one guy said his brother works for Best Buy and they had hundreds of people camped out on Thursday afternoon in front of the store.

Who does that?

Seriously?

Anywhoodle, it was a great long weekend. We had fun together. The puppies were besides themselves with glee having us home so long.

And they thought the snow we had on Sunday morning was AWESOME!

Only about a quarter of an inch but hey, they were happy pups.

5 comments:

g-man said...

Sounds like a good time. I want to get Lego Indiana Jones, we have Lego Star Wars. Did you hear about the man tramples in a door buster event in NY? At a Walmart. WTF-over? I can not imagine MOA!!

Tink said...

Do you have gamers-thumb yet? ;)

Aunt Jackie said...

Lego Rocks! Gamer's Thumb sucks... lol

Fortune Cookies said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I used to work at one of the big box retailers and let me tell you, Christmas time will turn anyone into the Grench when you have to deal with THAT. I've only recently regained my joy for Christmas and I haven't worked in retail for many, many, many moons now! Oh, and chocolate pecan pie?! Why did I never have such a piece of heaven before meeting my nut-allergic Wifester? Why, cruel world? Why?

Anonymous said...

What is this shopping of which you speak? ;)

Thanks for the Lego tip!
Have you discovered Guitar Hero or Rock Band yet?