Monday, December 15, 2008

Best of 2008 - oops I totally forgot

I totally forgot this when I did my 2008 best of.

Best Album in 2008

It's a tie, I can't pick between them:

One Republic

From Newt's Muse


Mat Kearney
From Newt's Muse


Not much else for a Monday. I am working from home today. Today's windchill is minus 30. Yes, that's right! MINUS 30. The actual air temp might get up to 0 today. Oh happy joy joy.

Over the weekend I baked sugar cookies. When I was a kid my mom made batches every year for the neighbors as a holiday gift.

We only got to eat the burned or broken ones.

I made a few cookie sheets worth that were nice and golden brown. They didn't taste right so I burned the next batch. Ahhh, that's more like it.

Hubster came in to the kitchen "Uh, forgot to set the timer hon?"

I replied with "Nope, just used to them that way"

he didn't get it.

Anyone else only get to eat the burned and broken cookies?

6 comments:

J said...

Yep! I used to help Mom bake "spritz" cookies for Christmas (using a cookie press and a whole lotta food coloring). They go from raw to burnt really easy, so I got to eat the ones that were too overdone for company. mmmm...burnt spritz cookies...

Jay said...

Nothing wrong with burnt cookies as long as I eat them while they're still warm. Which I would do whether they were burned or not.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! What a great memory (now... then it probably wasn't cool)

My mom never made cookies. She only makes banana bread. AND we only got the ones that "failed". Too soggy, burnt, she forgot an ingredient what have you.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

ZERO! Don't send any of that wintry cr@p our way please!

Anonymous said...

wow... when i was a kid we used to call spritz cookies "road cookies." I was obsessed with Matchbox cars at the time.

I loved Matt Kearney (thanks for the tipoff) and One Republic, but my fave for 2008 is O.A.R.'s All Sides

Aunt Jackie said...

Not exactly, we got to eat whatever we were baking, but I can identify that my Mom happens to LOVE the ones that are kinda "Burnt"... so this means alot to me too.

She burns popcorn, tea cakes, muffins... etc. We made plenty of unburned stuff, but the burned ones will be what makes me think of her.

lol

Great nostalgia!